New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,267,512 times)

windebieste

Quote from: carts on Mar 21, 2017, 09:58:51 PM... re-working all my old Halcyon kits.

Looking forward to seeing those kits.  Please!

-Windebieste

FenGiddel

Welcome.  And 'ditto' on the kits.

Taryn Leaf

Hello.  My name is Taryn.  I've been a longtime fan of Bill Paxton but had not yet seen Aliens until this year.  I watched Alien and Aliens back to back for the first time on January 10, 2017.  I was utterly blown away and immediately head over heels for the franchise.  John Hurt's death less than a month later hit hard, though Bill's hit even harder on Feb 25.  I'm still reeling. I admit I had no idea the franchise was so big that there were forums, cosplayers, RPers....I gotta admit I'm kinda thrilled to find you guys.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

We're thrilled to have you here too! Hope you enjoy your stay.  :)

Just a friendly Xenomorph

Hello, I'm Just a friendly xenomorph, an alien fan (obviously). My favoriten Alien/Predator movie is 'Aliens', hands down. I love the feeling and nostalgia of it. I play a lot of AvP (2010) and alien isolation. I am also a huge fan of Halo, I own every game so far, including the amazing Halo Wars 2. I'm really happy to be here with the rest of my fellow Alien and Predator fans! I'll be on these forums as much as I can, hope to see you there.

Just a friendly xenomorph, signing off (for a few hours)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Infected on Oct 18, 2010, 10:47:29 AM
Hello im Infected and from Holland and a big fan of the Predators and Aliens franchise. (except for Alien3,Alien Res,AVP,AVP:R, the movies because in my opinion they did not stay true to the serieus and the franchise)
:)
Welcome, and in a guilty pleasure kind of way you like those movies now.
So that has changed over the years, as much as i dislike the fact that i didnt get what i hoped for in those movies, they all went on their own paths introducing things i didnt like, like the guns in Alien: Ressurection, the Ripley clone superhero stuff the Call android and the baby alien thing at the end. Would the movie be better if they changed the soldiers into colonial marines, and Ripley into a pile of meat suffering in a tank somewhere, and changed the baby alien end scene? no i think this movie never had the power and depth to become something close to the or better say to my alien world.
Did AVP and AVP:R had that potential? yes i think they did, especially AVP: Requiem, would they have left out the predalien and the powerglove thing and used a better story, then sure it was for some maybe the worst of them two, but it could be if they handled it good be a better movie then Predator 2 and Alien Ressurection, its mostly a lack of a good story and vision,
AVP:R looks good in every way, as long as you can see anything that is.
Did they introduce things you did like? yes some parts are just pure fun, the grenade that rolls into the escape pod with the xeno and the soldiers.
The little whiskey cube that turns into liquid.
The baby alien thats being sucked through the little hole.
Alien 3: i like the industrial cold look and feel.
In the AVP movies there are a lot of things i like, the predators look, the ending of AVP:R with the plasma caster being handed to Yutani.
Some oneliners i will never forget "its better to have it and not using then to need it and not having it" "We just passed the psr, oh i wanted to take a picture of it" and offcourse the Spanish guy giving his lame "hunters moon" Casanova line.
And the line about the girl and the father drinking on the top of the mountain by Weyland.

But besides those movies, how did i experienced the time on this site? very good, with some bumps in the last months, but thats life, we go up we go down, as long as we keep moving.
Did a lot changed in the 7 years as a member of this site? in my personal life yes, a lot, in 2010 i would never have thought that what happened, happened.
And about this site and its people, i see a lot of time passes for us, when you look back at the time some people became a member on here, and some are still here and still hoping and waiting, its incredibe how true and loyal people can be.
Here's to another 7 years, and i hope for us all we will be delivered with some good movies, toys and video games of our beloved franchises.

DarkDiscovery

Howdy, folks.

I've been hanging around these forums as a fan the Alien franchise for a few years now and with Covenant soon to be released, I just couldn't continue to be a bystander. While I do enjoy the Predator films and can appreciate the AVP films to a certain degree, the original Alien is really what keeps me invested in this universe. The mystery of the Engineer, the horror of the creatures, the mischief of the corporation, and just the general atmosphere engaged my curiosity in a way no other film in it's kind has been able to top.

Thanks for letting me enter into this wonderful nerd palace where my sense of (dark) discovery in this franchise will hopefully continue to thrive.

Be well, 

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: DarkDiscovery on Mar 28, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
Howdy, folks.

I've been hanging around these forums as a fan the Alien franchise for a few years now and with Covenant soon to be released, I just couldn't continue to be a bystander. While I do enjoy the Predator films and can appreciate the AVP films to a certain degree, the original Alien is really what keeps me invested in this universe. The mystery of the Engineer, the horror of the creatures, the mischief of the corporation, and just the general atmosphere engaged my curiosity in a way no other film in it's kind has been able to top.

Thanks for letting me enter into this wonderful nerd palace where my sense of (dark) discovery in this franchise will hopefully continue to thrive.

Be well,
Welcome to the family, son.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DarkDiscovery on Mar 28, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
Howdy, folks.

Be well,

Welcome to the boards. Always a pleasure to see a lurker appear from out of the shadows! Any questions, feel free to message a moderator. Be sure to give a rules a read over and then get stuck in!  :)

Tfl4me

Tfl4me

Hey I'm Tfl4me, I'm 21 years old. I'm doing research as part of my degree into forums - I'm an AVP fan so was hoping you guys may be able to help. I've got a cheeky survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/99BFX93
Its 10 questions, only takes 30 seconds (any questions plz message me - and it's anonymous dw)

Aliensfanboy

Hi im 28 from the planet Earth and i love the Alien and Predator franchises Aliens is my all time favourite film

The real AG

Hello everyone, I am AG. I have been a big fan of the "Alien" franchise for half my life, and have been admittedly lurking around the forum for a while, though that is probably in good taste here, if you get the pun ;)

My favorite movie in the franchise is Alien (1979) though I liked Prometheus and Aliens was the first of the Alien movies I watched (the scene with Newt under the bed was the first scene I saw of the movie, still vividly in my mind).

With Covenant just around the corner, I am sure there will be lots of interesting discussions between now, and surely a lot of analysis after the movie, I think this is the best place to voice my opinions and take part in discussions on the franchise.

Looking forward to getting involved!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to all you new guys and girls! I'm looking forward to seeing you all get stuck in. Please check out the rules and feel free to message any admins with any questions you may have.  :)

aryastarkfan1984

My name is Bojan, I am almost 33 years old, and I have been a fan of the 'Predator' franchise since I saw the 1987
'Predator' movie on TV in 1999...

HarveyYan

The name is Harvey and it's really nice discovering this lovely website. I have been a xeno alien fan since 2013, and I have watched the Alien tetralogy, most alien comics(omnibus 1~6, fire and stone...) and four novels(Out of shadows, Sea of sorrows, armageddon and dna war). Have a rather strong distaste to the idea of "AvP", however having that said, the proceedings of Prometheus, in my opinion, looks more promising.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed