New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,259,009 times)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Sebastian LV-426 on Nov 03, 2016, 09:05:29 PM
Hello all and everyone,

I'm Sebastian, been a fan of the Marine-stomping Xenomorphs since I first saw 'ALIENS' in '97 (yeah, Director's Cut luckily). This was my first trip to this particular universe, since I had not yet watched the original ALIEN at that time. Actually, what peeked my interest in Cameron's movie was the hardware - I had come across the old Halcyon model kits with their fantastic,  moody box-art,  and the APC looked friggin' cool. And what was this Power Loader - thing... was it some gear from a futuristic electric company? (well, it WAS bright yellow, which somehow I associated with electricity stuff...)
Watched the movie not knowing what it was about, and Oh Boy, I had the ride of my cinematic life!!!  Jeeesuus!... Loved it INSTANTLY!

Nowadays, I read most of Dark Horses Aliens and/or/vs Predator comics (actually, reading six issues of the recent ALIENS: Defiance - series yesterday is what made me register here. Before I was just a sometime lurker...) I love movies and am a sponge for behind-the-scenes -stuff, collecting making-of books and art-of -books. I'm often blown away by what some folks can do creatively, be it costuming, propmaking, sculpting, painting or modelbuilding. I often visit the RPF or the Hunters Lair, but browsing some threads here on avpgalaxy makes me feel among the right crowd.  ;-)

Greetings from Hannover /Germany,  Sebastian

Welcome. :)

serbip1

serbip1

Greetings, Sebastian

Fuzzball

Fuzzball

Im Josh and paid for my Alien Xenomorph kit a couple days ago. Im in the 501st Legion and usually build Star Wars costumes (Bossk, Tie Pilot, Imperial Gunner, Biker Scout, Stormtrooper, and Chewbacca), but Im venturing out into unknown territory now. Im also building a Skeletor from Masters of the Universe. Just waiting on all the parts to come in the mail. This is gonna be fun!

SrSpinelli

Hello everyone, I'm SrSpinelli, but you can just call me Spinelli, I have been following this website for quite sometime(since AvPR, and at that time i hardly understood english) and finally decided to make a profile for it's Forum, I'm a nerd for the Alien and Predator Franchises, I love the movies(except Ressurection and the 2 Crossovers) and I like most of their PC games(except Colonial Marines of course.) I used to draw alot of fanart when i was younger and now the news about the new Movies coming in the next 4 years got me back to it.
I hope to meet new friends here
and i apologize if my english sometimes is shitty, it's not my first language

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 06, 2016, 07:58:03 PM
Hello everyone, I'm SrSpinelli, but you can just call me Spinelli, I have been following this website for quite sometime(since AvPR, and at that time i hardly understood english) and finally decided to make a profile for it's Forum, I'm a nerd for the Alien and Predator Franchises, I love the movies(except Ressurection and the 2 Crossovers) and I like most of their PC games(except Colonial Marines of course.) I used to draw alot of fanart when i was younger and now the news about the new Movies coming in the next 4 years got me back to it.
I hope to meet new friends here
and i apologize if my english sometimes is shitty, it's not my first language
Nice to meet you I'm sure you'll make a lot if friends.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to all you new members! Please feel free to message with any questions. please check out the rules and get posting! I look forward to see you joining in with the fun!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: hockey405 on Oct 24, 2016, 05:15:25 PM
Hey Im DJ
Just got into the alien franchise and love the Majority of them
Wasn't too fond of Avp and AVP sequel but thats just me
Oh and alien 3 is pretty wacked but enjoyable

30 years young

Welcome to the site. Good to see more people that likes Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

I reckon you'll find a lot more people who like Alien 3 now-a-days. Seems to have gotten to a point where people enjoy it.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Welcome to you both. :)

Parademon

Hi everyone, new member here. Just wanna start off by saying I'm a huge Predator/Aliens fan as well as Terminator & Robocop fan. Just found out about this site a little over a week ago. Glad I found it. Little bit about me, I'm a former NYer raised in Brooklyn. Now live in SA,TX going on 9yrs now. I'm a former US Marine combat vet. Did 2 combat tours in Iraq & the Stan in 2003 & 2004. I was with 2nd battalion 8th Marines 2nd Marine division, 81mm platoon. I did 8yrs in the corps & achieved the rank of Sgt. So you can imagine that the Colonial USMC being in Aliens , makes that movie my all time favorite movie, besides it really is the best of the 4 IMO. I just started buying a few figs in the last 10 days. I got 4 Predators from the AVP line, including the 2 pack with Scar & Grid Alien. I also bought the T-800 Police assault Terminator, 3 Colonial Marines, Vasquez, Frost & Sgt Windrex & Bishop. I doubt I'll be able to buy any older NECA figs that came out a few yrs back due to the price hike that they all seem to go for, plus I am an articulation junkie & am only buying the Preds that come with the new articulation. I also am not a big fan of different colored Aliens. I'm ol school & prefer all my Aliens Black or as dark colored as they come. Looking forward to getting that Gorilla Alien & a few Alien warriors. I'm looking forward to the new Hicks & Hudson figs as well as the City hunter & Concrete Jungle Preds. Isn't a new classic Jungle hunter Pred coming out?

Anyway, if anyone has any questions for me, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Parademon on Nov 12, 2016, 07:52:00 PM
Hi everyone, new member here. Just wanna start off by saying I'm a huge Predator/Aliens fan as well as Terminator & Robocop fan. Just found out about this site a little over a week ago. Glad I found it. Little bit about me, I'm a former NYer raised in Brooklyn. Now live in SA,TX going on 9yrs now. I'm a former US Marine combat vet. Did 2 combat tours in Iraq & the Stan in 2003 & 2004. I was with 2nd battalion 8th Marines 2nd Marine division, 81mm platoon. I did 8yrs in the corps & achieved the rank of Sgt. So you can imagine that the Colonial USMC being in Aliens , makes that movie my all time favorite movie, besides it really is the best of the 4 IMO. I just started buying a few figs in the last 10 days. I got 4 Predators from the AVP line, including the 2 pack with Scar & Grid Alien. I also bought the T-800 Police assault Terminator, 3 Colonial Marines, Vasquez, Frost & Sgt Windrex & Bishop. I doubt I'll be able to buy any older NECA figs that came out a few yrs back due to the price hike that they all seem to go for, plus I am an articulation junkie & am only buying the Preds that come with the new articulation. I also am not a big fan of different colored Aliens. I'm ol school & prefer all my Aliens Black or as dark colored as they come. Looking forward to getting that Gorilla Alien & a few Alien warriors. I'm looking forward to the new Hicks & Hudson figs as well as the City hunter & Concrete Jungle Preds. Isn't a new classic Jungle hunter Pred coming out?

Anyway, if anyone has any questions for me, I'll be more than happy to answer them.
Nice to meet you.Theres all sorts of threads yo get into (not all AVP)So get stuck in and I hope we will have great conversation.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Parademon on Nov 12, 2016, 07:52:00 PM
Hi everyone, new member here.

Welcome to the gang! Never get tired of seeing fellow fans joining up here. Looking forward to seeing more of you about the forum! If you have any questions of staff, feel free to shoot off an PM and ask.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Hello everyone, another new here. I discovered this forum yesterday I'm surprised with the amount of fans, information and debates that are here. It is a pride to be part of this community, I hope to live up to it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 16, 2016, 06:04:18 AM
Hello everyone, another new here. I discovered this forum yesterday I'm surprised with the amount of fans, information and debates that are here. It is a pride to be part of this community, I hope to live up to it.

Welcome to the club! What brought you over our way?

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2016, 08:24:22 AM
Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 16, 2016, 06:04:18 AM

Welcome to the club! What brought you over our way?

With the tremendous hype that I have with Alien Covenant, I started to look for if there was some forum of the franchise where to comment the news that are coming out. ¡And I found this wonder! Now I can share my obsession with the rest of the fans. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed