What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 282,624 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Alien3 by Alan Dean Foster, being read by Lance Henriksen. (that counts, right :P)

Better portrayal of the Alien, but some of the dialogue was daft. Good stuff though.

Eternal_1

Eternal_1

The last BOOK book I read would have to be 'Brave New World'. It was a book that our college class had to read. *SPOILERS* Its basically about some alternate history thing about humans being created intead of born and are breed to have attributes and certian weaknesses, theres no real free will there. untill they meet this white boy living among native americans who's mother was a tube created human, he grows to hate how the "new world" is now and gets into many conflicts and problems *End Spoilers* Very sci-fi-sh and interesting. The first half a pretty boring, the the second half is actually very interesting.. Its sorta an old book and the dialog is in I think its called "old enlglish"? Something like that. Its worth a read and is around $15 and under in most stores. Check it out!

BSW624

BSW624

Quote from: Dragon_Ash on Feb 07, 2010, 02:51:30 PM
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

awesome book!

Great book! this was also the last book for me, its been awhile since I picked one up.

Angel_Seb

Angel_Seb

The Bone Magician - F.E Higgins

First Blood

First Blood

First Blood by David Morrell

Before the movie, the book came first. John Rambo is the troubled Vietnam vet, who gets pushed too far. I really liked this book. Anyone enjoys action and high body counts, I recommend this.

Asian Assassin

Asian Assassin

twilight...jk the last book i read was Panzer Leader

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

2010: Odyssey Two by Arthur C. Clarke. 9.5/10

A worthy sequel to 2001. It continues the story almost perfectly (except for changing Saturn to Jupiter, but I can live with that), and is thoroughly entertaining and interesting. Great characters who were easy to relate with, and a very interesting setting. The themes were very compelling as well. All-in-all, this book was great; not quite as good as the first one, but definitely up there.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

SNUFF

Still a piece of shit even after my second read, don't even know why the hell I read it again.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way by Bill Bryson. 8.5/10

A thoroughly enjoyable read. This chronicles the story of how English became the way it is, from the descent of the larynx to the formation of swears. It is very well-written. Bill Bryson is a great author, who brings his signature wit to everything that he writes. While it has fewer laughs than his other books, and isn't his best either, it grabs your attention and remains very interesting from cover to cover.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Claws that Catch by John Ringo. Book was amazing and just as good as the previous four in his Looking Glass series.

Awesome books, very fun reads, great sci fi with lots of crazy physics thrown in.

If you like that sort of thing of course :3

Angel_Seb

Angel_Seb

Keys to the Kingdom: Lord Sunday.

It was a year late, but the ending was a good one that I am content with.

Nickgazord

Nickgazord

Turn Coat part of a 12 book series called the Dresden Files id really recommend reading them they are all good Turn Coat being the last one ive read has alot of humor and sarcasm and and alot of blowing shit up. it centers around a  wizard who works in Chicago he is in the yellow pages under wizard. Its a great series and really fun to read i give it a 10/10

maledoro

maledoro

I've recently re-read The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes.

This week, I plan to start reading LSD: Doorway to the Numinous: The Groundbreaking Psychedelic Research into Realms of the Human Unconscious by Stanislav Grof.

Karasawa II

Karasawa II

ive read plenty of avp books and comics they are all amazing

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: Karasawa II on Feb 22, 2010, 12:39:32 AM
ive read plenty of avp books and comics they are all amazing
The comics are fun, but some of the books aren't that great. One of the Alien books I own has typos in it -_- and is just overall written poorly, only selling because of the source material it works with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed