who can take more damage?

Started by marrerom, Jun 28, 2008, 10:00:23 PM

which creature can take the most damage and still live. ( i.e. who is the toughest)

Alien
11 (47.8%)
Predator
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: Jul 08, 2008, 10:00:23 PM

Author
who can take more damage? (Read 13,997 times)

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

I vote pred on this one, more gunfire anyway. The alien novels by Mr. Perry depict the aliens as able to withstand anything up to a slug thrower i.e. a old style hand gun. So the alien would take more damage mele wise, while the pred can take more bullets.

nikolas738

nikolas738

has to be alien in avp r how many shots dose the alien heading towards the helecopter take befor getting killed

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

but ill counter that with, how many shots did anytime take from the minigun at one time?

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DarkStar117 on Jul 15, 2008, 03:48:57 AM
but ill counter that with, how many shots did anytime take from the minigun at one time?

About 1, if he'd been in contact for hell half a second, he would of lost a limb

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I would have voted both. Both creatures survived the humiliation that was AvP and AvP:R. That's worse than death :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They're both equal IMO.

X-Rex

X-Rex

Well Aliens:

-Can't get hurt from heights.

-Are adapted to cold and heat

- Doesn't die easily in Lava and Molten Lead it seems. =P

- Can't drown

- Take a bit of gunfire to kill them sometimes...unless its their head...

Thats all I got..

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

Quote from: Chris P on Jul 01, 2008, 08:10:14 PM
The AVPR Aliens weren't even much of an Alien at all.  They were a bunch of disorrientated retards.
haha yes, they were total speds, cept for Chet who was pretty much genious compared to the other aliens. personally i think that a predator could take more personal damage, but an alien would be able to cause more damage faster, and obviously an alien hive can take more damage than one pred, due to the fact that they will give there lives endlessly until a goal is completed, but also you have to remember that predators are also totally willing to self destruct which in the right area could easily wipe out an entire hive.

WarMachine

WarMachine

Does the caste of each species matter too? Like, a drone vs. an elder as opposed to a queen vs. an elder?

scarface

scarface

Predators, all the way, can take getting an arm cut off, get 5 shot gun shots, getting a gun-powder arrow-thingy hit right in front of you without burning your face, getting stabbed through the back and are still yelling at you opponets, can just walk through a fire fight, and can kill a billion aliens, then have the f**king gov't come and ruin his streak ;D

Aliens though are not weak, but have no strength compared to a Pred, and predator can inflict a shit-load more of damage.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: scarface on Jul 25, 2008, 03:56:01 AM
Aliens though are not weak, but have no strength compared to a Pred, and predator can inflict a shit-load more of damage.

Do you realize how many alien fans you'll draw in now because of that one sentence? :D

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Just to note, Aliens though powerful are not that intelligent. They only have the intellegence to do wht aliens do. They can't adapt to different situations. All a drone does is eat, sleep, collect host, and ensure the hive lives and thats all they do.  If you are in the middle of a open field with 20 machine guns surrounded by 150 aliens the aliens won't know better to back down and will charge to there deaths.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jul 25, 2008, 04:04:49 AM
They only have the intellegence to do wht aliens do. They can't adapt to different situations.

Which is why they found another way in when the sentry guns beat the shit out of them, and cut the power, and set up a trap in A:R, and the queen grasps the idea of elevators... oh yeah they're such unadaptable dumbasses.  ::)

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 25, 2008, 04:13:39 AM
Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jul 25, 2008, 04:04:49 AM
They only have the intellegence to do wht aliens do. They can't adapt to different situations.

Which is why they found another way in when the sentry guns beat the shit out of them, and cut the power, and set up a trap in A:R, and the queen grasps the idea of elevators... oh yeah they're such unadaptable dumbasses.  ::)

I think maybe I used the wrong words. Those were only minor adaptions so that they can get host. What I mean is major adaptions besides temperature. It was all in this video but I forget where I saw it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: scarface on Jul 25, 2008, 03:56:01 AM
Predators, all the way, can take getting an arm cut off,

Apparently not, because the first thing Pussyface did afterwards was rush to get his medikit.

Quoteget 5 shot gun shots,

To the chest.. and alien can survive a harpoon through the chest.

Quotegetting a gun-powder arrow-thingy hit right in front of you without burning your face,

He was wearing a mask.

Quotegetting stabbed through the back and are still yelling at you opponets,

Yeah but he was f**ked.

Quotecan just walk through a fire fight, and can kill a billion aliens, then have the f**king gov't come and ruin his streak ;D

Only in a retarded glorified fan-film directed by two predator fanboys.  ::)

QuoteAliens though are not weak, but have no strength compared to a Pred, and predator can inflict a shit-load more of damage.

The derelict crash, Nostromo destroyed, Hadley's Hope nuked, Auriga crashing into Earth..... and the aliens don't even have weapons!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed