More Than Movies Perhaps?

Started by Undeadite, Jun 20, 2008, 03:52:06 AM

Author
More Than Movies Perhaps? (Read 2,358 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

Well anyone who pays any attention to my posts might have already guessed that I enjoy reading the books based off of the alien/predator movies. From novelizations to crossovers and subplots, I think they are all very fascinating... but unfortunately there are too many contradictions to take them seriously as cannon. They may provide interesting ideas, but the movies are  definatey the foundation on which the fans support their claims. However, if there were to be any "official cannon books" (which I know would be unlikely because all of the existing books started out hoping to be considered as such) what stories would you guys like to see? Take into consideration that it takes more money to make a movie then to write a book, so dig deep for some desparately wanted ideas  ;)

Personally I would like to see the story of Newt before the arrival of the marines on LV-426/Archeron. First I just wanted to know how the colonists reacted to the alien infestation, but considering the outcome is well known it would end on a downer as opposed to the lighter side of Newt surviving.

SM

SM

Have you read the 'Newt's Tale' comics?

(And canon has only one 'n').

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Something heavily related to the films, like the colony defending against Aliens on LV 426, things like Aliens:CM where it tells you something that happenned between the films without any stupid alien creatures. (Ravagers, King, Empress)

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2008, 04:01:06 AM
Have you read the 'Newt's Tale' comics?

(And canon has only one 'n').

I read one issue of it at a convention, and thanks for the spelling lesson  ;)

darkblade

darkblade

i think a good idea for a canon book would be a prequel to predator where the predator hunts down the downed helicopters crew ;D

Undeadite

Undeadite

That would be cool, especially with that special ops guy that gets "mysteriously" killed (his name escapes me at the moment).

Layorz

Layorz

A novelization of the AvP2 game should be made and considered canon. Twas an enjoyable storyline.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

When you say AVP 2 story, I hope thats not including the gay as hell Empress and other stupid alien creatures which appeard in AVP 2: PH.

Layorz

Layorz

Nope. Havent played PH and dont intend to. POS game.

The normal avp2 storyline is what I meant.

nexus

nexus

What i have never understoo is why the books and comics arent considered Canon and who decides.

to me it seems alot of popel sit there and say i dont like that so its not cannon.

if we take thigns like batman, to me the comics are canon and not the films...so where does the distinction lie?

Layorz

Layorz

Usually in the creator of the franchise. For example, George Lucas is the only one who can say whether or not something is or is not canon in Star Wars.

Also, with things like batman, the creators generally say both are canon, just portraying things in different ways

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: nexus on Jun 20, 2008, 10:23:39 AM
What i have never understoo is why the books and comics arent considered Canon and who decides.

to me it seems alot of popel sit there and say i dont like that so its not cannon.

Yeah I thought that at first, but due to many contradictions in the stories the official A/P galaxy will always be the movies, and even then many dont consider the AVP movies canon.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: nexus on Jun 20, 2008, 10:23:39 AM

if we take thigns like batman, to me the comics are canon and not the films...so where does the distinction lie?

Just the way it is. I'm personally glad that books/comics arn't canon, I man we'd have so many shitty concepts for Aliens and Predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed