Redisigning the ALien & Predator.

Started by Chris P, May 19, 2008, 01:36:24 PM

Author
Redisigning the ALien & Predator. (Read 4,900 times)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Chris P on May 22, 2008, 09:58:11 PM
Quote from: Gameoverman!GAMEOVER! on May 22, 2008, 07:44:58 PM
I'd give aliens the tongue Giger designed for Alien3. Beyond that, both creatures are perfect anyway, in my humble opinion.

You mean that thin tiny thing????  How sad, I like the ones they had in ALIENS.
He means the inner jaw/Second mouth/tongue whatever you wanna call it

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: XenoVC on May 22, 2008, 11:04:51 PM
Quote from: Chris P on May 22, 2008, 09:58:11 PM
Quote from: Gameoverman!GAMEOVER! on May 22, 2008, 07:44:58 PM
I'd give aliens the tongue Giger designed for Alien3. Beyond that, both creatures are perfect anyway, in my humble opinion.

You mean that thin tiny thing????  How sad, I like the ones they had in ALIENS.
He means the inner jaw/Second mouth/tongue whatever you wanna call it

Yes, I found the one in Alien 3 to be a bit small. Don't you?  The ones in ALIENS really shot out.

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

The design wasn't actually used. Was just one of Giger's concepts that wouldn't have made sense to suddenly introduce after 2 films, but I liked it.

Chris P

Chris P

Does anyone know why certain Aliens had smooth crests and others rugged and boney?  I had heard on other sites that the smooth crests were made for lone Aliens without a queen, I don't get the logic behind that, but it didn't make sense in AVP for them to all have smooth crests. 

I personally liked the rugged, boney looking crests.(ALIENS & AVPR) 8)  What do you guys think?

Is it true, that the smooth crests are only for drone Aliens and the rugged ones are for the Warriors or soldier Aliens?  Again, I got this off these other sites. 8)

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

nothing supports it.

Warrior Angel

okay, i know this sounds crazy: there should be micro-aliens like a full grown alien(Drone,Warrior,Runner) that are about 2-4 feet tall that swarm and attack, plus it'd have no tail i don't wahy but no tail this time

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DarkStar117 on May 22, 2008, 12:11:59 AM
I dont criticize that often.... I simply offered my opinion

hah what a larf!

Chris P

Chris P

8)

PredatorX

what i meant for the armor and capes and stuff was for celebration, more ceremonial than the usual suit. for the alien, just make them BIGGER, including the queen.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: PredatorX on Jun 04, 2008, 06:08:31 PM
what i meant for the armor and capes and stuff was for celebration, more ceremonial than the usual suit. for the alien, just make them BIGGER, including the queen.

I like hoe big they are.  If the queen was any bigger, she wouldn't be believable and convincing as a monster Alien species.

SM

SM

Quoteokay, i know this sounds crazy: there should be micro-aliens like a full grown alien(Drone,Warrior,Runner) that are about 2-4 feet tall that swarm and attack, plus it'd have no tail i don't wahy but no tail this time

Cameron scripted them for Aliens, but didn't use them.  They were albino drones that tended the Queen.

QuoteDoes anyone know why certain Aliens had smooth crests and others rugged and boney? 

In 'in-universe' terms, one of the most common theories pertains to age.  Older Aliens = ridged heads.  It's only a theory though.

In filmmkaing terms, Jimbob ditched it because the boney heads looked so good without them and they were going to have issues with the domes cracking with the stunt work.  The only reason they show up again in AvP:Poo is the BS worship Jimbob.

Alienseseses

I don't know why, but I would like aliens that kill other aliens and humans as well. That have some kind of mental issue and have no imperative to reproduce.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 05, 2008, 02:06:49 AM
I don't know why, but I would like aliens that kill other aliens and humans as well. That have some kind of mental issue and have no imperative to reproduce.

I don't know.  I kinda like the whole "hive" idea, where all the members work together, and fend for a queen.  How they sacrafice eachother for the good of the hive.  I really like that idea.  If every Alien wanted to kill eachother, then how would the species prevail?

Purebreedalien

Quote from: DarkStar117 on May 21, 2008, 10:30:01 PM
Quote from: PredatorX on May 21, 2008, 10:26:29 PM
i'd do predator. for one, i'd make them so they had tails.
why, a pred with  a tail? that would look kind of um gay

two, i'd give them different armor, with horns or something, more medevial looking,

So, new armor, like a knights only with horns. How would this be a change for the better? No No No, can you actually see a pred in bulky armor like that?

third, i'd make the predator elder have brightly colored cape and headdress, sort of like the African kings, you know, those bead crowns?

cape? are you serious. So you want the preds to accesorize now? Tell me how anytime would have fared in the jungle with a cape and bulky armor?
How would a tail make the Predator look homosexual? It would just ruin them completely IMO.

The Chibi Kiriyama

1. Take the 70's Rolls-Royce look of the first Alien and upgrade it to a Phantom Coupe's.
2. Keep the rustic, trapped-in-time look the Predator deserves.

Not so complicated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed