Should the Predators metal have been resistant to the Aliens acid blood in AvP

Started by Yautja, Dec 14, 2006, 12:02:55 AM

Author
Should the Predators metal have been resistant to the Aliens acid blood in AvP (Read 32,269 times)

Yautja

In the AvP movie the Aliens acid blood burned through the Predators armor and also the Predators weaponry. Pesonally I thought the Predators metal was so advanced it was resistant to the acid blood, which is the case in some of the comics. What are peoples thoughts on this.

ShadowPred

i think it should have been acid proof, considering they were teenagers

The Ultimate Predator

I actually don't think so, the acid is mean to to corrode everything IMO.

Joupappa

I don't get it why their armor and wristblades weren't acid proof,when Scar's spear impaled aliens no problem.

Corporal Hicks

It could be down to trying to make the hunt more challlenging. But more than likely it was Anderson f**king up.

DB

Resistant, ok. Entirely acid proof, no.

The Ultimate Predator

Whats the exact difference? Just harder to corrode?

DB

Yes. It would take longer for the metal used by Predators to corrode.

Darkness

Okay, I moved the topic here as it's about AvP.

I agree. The Predators armour and weapons should have been acid-resistant.

The Ultimate Predator

Predator Schwarzenegger

I don't see why. Its a ritual, basically survival of the fittest, so why give more of an advantage? The plasma cannons are more than enough if things get hairy, they have nets that somewhat can incapacitate the Aliens and then there is of course the particle bomb.
I guess in the whole scheme of things out in space the Preds wouldn't have acid proof or resistant armour in case Aliens crossed their path either, they're a very proud nomadic hunter race, I doubt they'd even contemplate it.

G.C. Samaras

Quote from: Predator Schwarzenegger on Dec 14, 2006, 11:09:04 PM
I don't see why. Its a ritual, basically survival of the fittest, so why give more of an advantage? The plasma cannons are more than enough if things get hairy, they have nets that somewhat can incapacitate the Aliens and then there is of course the particle bomb.
I guess in the whole scheme of things out in space the Preds wouldn't have acid proof or resistant armour in case Aliens crossed their path either, they're a very proud nomadic hunter race, I doubt they'd even contemplate it.
Agreed, acid-proof weapons for the Predators would be extremely unfair in terms of "survival of the fittest". It's like using an Autosniper in Counterstrike... completely unfair.

The Ultimate Predator

Of course. And I still think that there isn't a metal that the Alien acid cannot corrode.

DB

If it's "survival of the fittest", why would it be unfair? It's not the Predators' fault that Aliens lack the intelligence to design their own weapons. Besides, the shoulder cannons are even more "unfair"...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed