Raptors from JP vs. Aliens

Started by DoomRulz, May 06, 2008, 05:19:22 PM

Author
Raptors from JP vs. Aliens (Read 8,404 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm not asking who'd win in a fight, but rather which do you think is the smarter creature. I was watching Jurassic Park just now, and the thought came to me.

Raptors can open doors and call for help; they can set traps and surround their prey in a very strategic manner.

Aliens have the ability to problem-solve and find new ways of reaching their prey. In this case, I want to use Kane's Son as a reference point since I think that's the smartest alien we've seen on screen.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

id like to think the aliens chitinous armor would be to hard for the raptors to penetrate

Master Chief

Master Chief

C'mon Byohzrd, at least act like you read the original post ;)

When it comes to intelligence, I would say they are both at the same level.  However, no one teaches the aliens what it needs to know to survive, it just does.  In the Raptors case, I'm sure they are probably taught some of their skills.  I still think they equal out in the end.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Who would teach them?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Well since they are pack hunters, I think they learned to hunt by watching the adults.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hm...I can agree with that. But like you said, the Aliens are more instinctual. Do you think the Raptors would be able to out-smart them in some way for that very reason? If you're taught something, you learn hone that skill.

BloodyRedBaron

BloodyRedBaron

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2008, 07:57:27 PM
Who would teach them?

Same basic concept as a old chimp teaching a young one how to make tools and such.

Master Chief

Master Chief

We know aliens fall for traps so I'm going to say yes, the Raptors would be able to outsmart them.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: Master Chief on May 06, 2008, 07:21:35 PM
C'mon Byohzrd, at least act like you read the original post ;)

When it comes to intelligence, I would say they are both at the same level.  However, no one teaches the aliens what it needs to know to survive, it just does.  In the Raptors case, I'm sure they are probably taught some of their skills.  I still think they equal out in the end.

....my point still stands.

as for intelligence points i agree the raptors would own.

War Wager

War Wager

Kane's Son hid in Ripleys shuttle and that Raptor found it's way out of the cooling room and into the main hall were the humans were. Two of these things could be intelligence at it's best or just plain luck.  :-\

War Wager

War Wager

Never read the first post either huh...  ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I thought this was a Vs. Topic, damn i'm a idoit  :-[. Back on topic, i think Aliens are smarter because they where able to get out of a lock cage by killing another alien in the cage to escape. They can go into places that Raptors can't go (Like underwater).

SM

SM

The problem with traps is that practically any trap the raptors lure the Aliens into is going to end badly when the trap is spring and the raptors start biting and clawing.

As for general comparison when it comes to obstacles - they both have pros and cons.  The raptor learned to open the door - an Alien would simply smash it down.  The raptors do the whole hunt in threes thing - and then we have the Aliens on the Auriga - which people will inevitably dismiss as genetic mutants.

BloodyRedBaron

BloodyRedBaron

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2008, 12:53:34 AM
The problem with traps is that practically any trap the raptors lure the Aliens into is going to end badly when the trap is spring and the raptors start biting and clawing.

That's what JP3 Raptor-Fu is for, neck snap baby!

(I really hated that movie.)

SM

SM

Overall I liked it better than the second one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed