74 (18.3%)
Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,760 times)

SiL

SiL

At least the Aliens fight back in the script.

And win, but small victory.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How? Surely they don't kill Wolf right away.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote"[AVP:R] showed what a good job we'd done with the first movie. It's like, OK, you can pick apart my AVP, but take a look at that one and then maybe watch my movie again and you'll have a new appreciation for it."
~ Paul W.S. Anderson, Grantland, 2014.
:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 05, 2015, 12:39:28 AM

If I remember rightly they gang swarm him and take him down.

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 05, 2015, 02:44:02 AM
Quote"[AVP:R] showed what a good job we'd done with the first movie. It's like, OK, you can pick apart my AVP, but take a look at that one and then maybe watch my movie again and you'll have a new appreciation for it."

That's right. It just takes a shittier movie after to come out and vindicate your own earlier one.  :P

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 05, 2015, 10:45:39 AM

If I remember rightly they gang swarm him and take him down.

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 05, 2015, 02:44:02 AM

That's right. It just takes a shittier movie after to come out and vindicate your own earlier one.  :P
Die hard 4 and 5.

SiL

SiL

End of the film they take him down.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Huh. That might've been cool to see.

Aliens_Diner86

Aliens_Diner86

A:R by far. AVPR is the worst of the series IMO.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Both poor, but different gradations of poor. At least you get a couple of genuinely great scenes in A:R. At least it had top talent involved, legitimizing the whole affair.

Scorpio

Scorpio

A:R.  I don't even consider it part of the main series.  It's a spin-off that was supposed to launch it's own franchise but it never happened.  The main series is Alien 1-3 which is about Ripley (well really 2 & 3 are Ripley's story, the original is not only about Ripley).  Ripley 8 is a new character.

P-Rock

P-Rock

I don't even have to think about that: Alien: Resurrection by a mile.

Requiem is one of the worst movies I've seen.

Hemi

Hemi

Requiem was on TV yesterday... After the sewer battle I turned it off. It's really an unwatchable mess, and that is...dare I say it... not even an opinion.

At least in A:R you could see...well...A FCKIN MOVIE BEEING PLAYED.

AVP:R is utter sht, even as a simple slasher flick.

windebieste

windebieste

The best thing about 'AvP-R' is the NECA Predalien action figure - and by current NECA standards it's a long way from being their best piece of work.  Horrible, horrible movie.

At least 'AvP' works as a juvenile Boys Own Adventure movie, undemanding, simplistic and fun in a dumbed down kind of way.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, AVP:R is so bad, I find it genuinely hard to understand when people say they enjoy it.

I get that movies are hugely subjective, and everyone likes different things, but in this case the film is just so awful I honestly can't understand how anyone could enjoy it as a piece of entertainment.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

That is a tough one. Bottom of the barrel choices if you ask me. Um, A:R is by far the superior film. Visually it's a masterpiece compared to AVP:R. The plot while paperthin actually makes sense in A:R as well. I think the characters in A:R are more thought out. But I've got to admit AVP:R is a guilty pleasure for me. I just watch the Alien and Predator fights and fast forward through the bullshit saved by the bell high school drama. AVP:R for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed