Confusion...

Started by darthSnipe, Apr 26, 2008, 03:36:47 PM

Author
Confusion... (Read 2,120 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

They are some other creatures besides Aliens. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There are other species out there...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: darthSnipe on Apr 26, 2008, 03:36:47 PM
I find it hard to believe that in every case their eggs were being transported and somehow each time the Aliens got free and took over and eradicated an entire world.

And I find it hard to believe that, having discovered an obvious flaw in this assumption, you continue to believe it, to the exclusion of all else. :)

QuoteThose are without a doubt Xenomorphs.

I'll tell you what they are, because I happen to be in possession of their secret species name. They're known as Madeupgenericscarymonsters. :)

QuoteThey wouldn't introduce an entirely new species in the Alien-Predator franchise because it would cause far too much confusion to be practical (Space Jockeys anyone?).

No, it wouldn't. 'Predator 2' and 'Requiem' both went to the trouble of having random extraterrestrial skulls made up. It's done to avoid confusion, not create it - the whole point of those scenes, is to show that human beings are simply one more creature of many, which they happen to hunt.

QuoteThe reason for their scorpion-like appearance may stem from then being on the planet for so long their looks adapted to fit the world.

I might have agreed, except that they have absolutely in common with Aliens, aside from hissing sounds. Which, you know... Cats can do, too. But just because felines can make a similar noise, doesn't make them the same species. :)

QuoteThat and their heads are the exact same shape and size as the Aliens.

You're wrong on that, actually. You're looking at these things in only the most superficial of ways. The heads have an extended cranium, yes (like some animals on our world do), but they end in a cone-like point. Alien heads do not. The necks are also different. We never even see the faces, as everything is too obscured to look at.

QuotePredators obviously don't hunt them since there are only Human and Xenomorph skulls in their showcase.

Wrong, my friend. Even if you refuse to review the pictures, this quote proves that:

"People always ask about the Alien as  a skull and I would love to take credit for that being my idea. But I'm sure that the idea was, if not mine, of someone from our studio, because we were just asked in general to create alien skulls throughout the universe that were part of the trophy room. So, we decided that we would also do Alien as one of the skulls. It's such a cool idea. I really want to take credit for it. It probably wasn't my idea, but I'm ggoing to pretend it was, because it's such a neat idea."
- Stan Winston interview, 'DVD Monthly. June 2002.

And yes, I can verify that interview, as I just transcribed that quote from my own copy of it. :)

QuoteNo, those other skulls were Space Jockey skulls. Don't bull shit.

Proof, please. Space Jockey skulls, as shown in 'Alien', look absolutely nothing like them. Space Jockes have either blunt or no teeth and a trunk. None of those creatures looked anything like that, had completely different eyes, skeletal features and obviously sharp teeth.

One of them often gets mistaken for a Rex skull, but no Earth dinosaur I know of, ever had skeletal 'dreadlocks', multiple sets of eye sockets and two very obvious extra lower mandibles. :)

Only one of the skulls is of an Alien. Another is meant to be a mould of the fifties B-movie monster, the Ratbatspidercrab, as an in-joke amongst the production staff, too, but I forget which that was supposedly meant to be.

Never was the Space Jockey ever meant to have been part of that trophy room. It's allegedly one of the skulls in 'Requiem', as claimed by one of the directors, but is far too small and the eye sockets are wrong.

QuoteTheir heads are the EXACT same shape and size as Xenomorphs. Their tails also bare an unremarkable resemblance to them. You're telling me they decided to throw a new species in out of the blue that Predators oddly don't hunt (even though these "new species" seems to be hostile and Predators have obviously known about them)? If so then I smell crap.

That's exactly what happened. It's a computer game which only a minority of people will ever play. The person in charge of the story just said something like, "Let's have the PRedator fight some generic alien monsters." You're the one who identified the problem with how weird it would be to have Predators encounter Aliens on every single event. It's precisely what they did not do. :)

It was something based, almost certainly, on the fact that trophy cabinet had multiple species in it. Predators hunt weird shit. That's what they do. There's nothing canon-shattering about it. It's only confusing if you close yourself off from the possibility of that fact. They're just a glimpse of some other species for a few moments. It's not like they have to sculpt new costumes. :) They just have to design something basic in the computer and you'll notice that the colour prevents them having to model much in the way of actual details on them.

Quote from: darthSnipeI still think they are. If they aren't Xenomorphs then what are they? They look almost exactly like them (aside from the way they move and their legs).

And their heads, their torsos, their abdomens, their... :)

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

i think the jury has a verdict...
those are not xenomorphs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed