Confusion...

Started by darthSnipe, Apr 26, 2008, 03:36:47 PM

Author
Confusion... (Read 2,113 times)

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

I know it's been said to death that the novels and games are not canon but there a few things that still baffles me to no end:

How do the Aliens get to different planets and how do they survive there?

An example would be in the game Concrete Jungle. When Scarface is exiled to an abandoned planet in who-knows-where there was a quick glimpse at the Xenomorphs right before it faded to black. How did they get there? The planet he was exiled to seemed to have no signs of any sentient beings residing on there so if they were not transported there by another species then how exactly get there? This has happened many times and has confused me more and more each time. When they get to these places what do they eat and how exactly do they adapt? I find it hard to believe that in every case their eggs were being transported and somehow each time the Aliens got free and took over and eradicated an entire world.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Do you mean this video? http://youtube.com/watch?v=dUViwcxut-A

That don't looks like Xenomorphs to me, these creatures look more scorpion-like.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: Ulven on Apr 26, 2008, 03:43:04 PM
Do you mean this video? http://youtube.com/watch?v=dUViwcxut-A

That don't looks like Xenomorphs to me, these creatures look more scorpion-like.

Those are without a doubt Xenomorphs. They wouldn't introduce an entirely new species in the Alien-Predator franchise because it would cause far too much confusion to be practical (Space Jockeys anyone?). The reason for their scorpion-like appearance may stem from then being on the planet for so long their looks adapted to fit the world. That and their heads are the exact same shape and size as the Aliens.

Edit: Also, if you were to watch after the Introduction when they come to retrieve him you would see many Xenomorphs skulls around him.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Are you f**king blind? Those are not xenomorphs. Since when did they have 6 legs? Jesus christ...

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 26, 2008, 04:09:38 PM
Are you f**king blind? Those are not xenomorphs. Since when did they have 6 legs? Jesus christ...

NO, those are Xenomorphs. And try being a little more nicer, this is a civil board or else I'll have to report you.

If those were a different species then WHY are there no indication up until now? Predators obviously don't hunt them since there are only Human and Xenomorph skulls in their showcase. So where's your proof other than "Xenomorphs don't have six legs lmfaoooo!!!"? Humans used to have fur covering their bodies, does that make us not Human because we don't have fur covering our body? Sentient beings adapt, it's a way of instinctive survival.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

It's just a game. You are thinking about it too much. They stranded him on some planet with creatures on it for 100 years. That's it.

Quote from: darthSnipe on Apr 26, 2008, 04:20:12 PM
If those were a different species then WHY are there no indication up until now? Predators obviously don't hunt them since there are only Human and Xenomorph skulls in their showcase.

Predator 2 and AVPR had a lot of skulls besides Alien and human skulls.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 26, 2008, 04:23:04 PM
It's just a game. You are thinking about it too much. They stranded him on some planet with creatures on it for 100 years. That's it.

Quote from: darthSnipe on Apr 26, 2008, 04:20:12 PM
If those were a different species then WHY are there no indication up until now? Predators obviously don't hunt them since there are only Human and Xenomorph skulls in their showcase.

Predator 2 and AVPR had a lot of skulls besides Alien and human skulls. Are you sure you aren't blind?

No, those other skulls were Space Jockey skulls. Don't bull shit.

Their heads are the EXACT same shape and size as Xenomorphs. Their tails also bare an unremarkable resemblance to them. You're telling me they decided to throw a new species in out of the blue that Predators oddly don't hunt (even though these "new species" seems to be hostile and Predators have obviously known about them)? If so then I smell crap.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

What do you call these then?

Why are you taking everything so literally? Just because we never see it or its skull in the films doesn't mean Predators don't hunt them.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Those are debatable. It could be a Dinosaur skull for all we know.

Nightmare

Nightmare

they were clearly aliens, and came from some extraterrestrial organism obviously, no big deal to me, some planet that had extraterrestrials and preds let an alien egg somewhere there
---------------

for aliens to colonize planets theyr entirely dependant in something carriyng them, otherwise theid stick to their planet and destroy all, and wait till small surviving organisms evolved enough so aliens cud again destroy all and the cycle continues

in their planet there possibly existed some natural enemys!

small creatures like vermin (cud make a good snack) or worms, or simply damn huge guys that were no good for hosts (but cud be used for food if aliens were in big enough numbers.....) wud certainly survive alien infestation and evolve in some million years so aliens cud prosper again, (there would survive eggs only tough....)

aliens werent intended to space travel

thats my two cents

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

The point is that those are clearly not Space Jockey or Alien skulls. Predators hunt hundreds or thousands of species, most we have no idea about. So why is it so hard to believe that they know of a planet with hostile creatures besides Aliens?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry Snipe but those are no Xenomorphs. Those are just some species created for those few seconds. They don't even move like Aliens.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: darthSnipe on Apr 26, 2008, 04:40:37 PM
Those are debatable. It could be a Dinosaur skull for all we know.

I doubt it, they don't look like any dinosaurs. It most likey a unknow alien spices.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2008, 04:46:18 PM
I'm sorry Snipe but those are no Xenomorphs. Those are just some species created for those few seconds. They don't even move like Aliens.

Finally, I was waiting for someone to back me up.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2008, 04:46:18 PM

I still think they are. If they aren't Xenomorphs then what are they? They look almost exactly like them (aside from the way they move and their legs).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed