AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,170 times)

[cancerblack]

Definitely the first AvP. While AvP:R was even stupider, I have a masochistic soft spot for it whereas AvP just pisses me off. 

And for the record, I love A3 and A:R - and I'm very happy to see that Prometheus hasn't had too much shade thrown its way.

MCP

MCP

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 11, 2015, 02:54:04 AM
Definitely the first AvP. While AvP:R was even stupider, I have a masochistic soft spot for it whereas AvP just pisses me off. 

Why would AVP piss you off?  You have a problem with interspecies romance?

Swank

Swank

Alien3 is just amazingly boring, at least AvPR has action even if it is rubbish

[cancerblack]

Maybe if you're twelve.  :-*

MaXenaeL

MaXenaeL

Ressurection! I don't even accept this shit. A4 was never released yet. The newborn is the most stupid thing. Don't understand so much negative at Requiem. Yes there was a stupidizm as queen function, Earth based action and poor scenery, but all theese is better AR at all!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Nothing in Requiem was better than Resurrection. And even as someone who enjoys the fourth movie, that really is saying something.

CthulhuQueen

Much as I have a soft spot for all things Predator, I have to say I can't even watch Requiem. Alien Resurrection while having a storyline that made me go 'WTF? You've spoilt the preceding films if THIS is how it ends!' was a far better quality film all round. You can see what's going on for a start! Didn't like it, but not a terrible film.

Best bit about Requiem is the gallery on here! (Yes, my avatar is Wolf, I hold up my hands!) but the film is....terrible.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 08:12:37 AM
Nothing in Requiem was better than Resurrection. And even as someone who enjoys the fourth movie, that really is saying something.

Maybe not objectively, but I'd still choose to watch Requiem over Resurrection. I can't stomach the Newborn at all.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2015, 12:12:09 PMMaybe not objectively, but I'd still choose to watch Requiem over Resurrection. I can't stomach the Newborn at all.

That's fair enough.

I can't stomach literally anything about Requiem at all.

Resurrection is at least a decent tongue-in-cheek, slightly bizarre black comedy-horror movie mash-up, even if it's a terrible Alien movie. I don't find Requiem enjoyably on any level whatsoever. It's just appalling.

Corporal Hicks

AvPR I have to actually force myself to watch. And the last time was about 4/5 years ago and I had to watch it in 3 goes. Resurrection, whilst failing, has some good concepts buried away beneath it.

MaXenaeL

MaXenaeL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 02, 2015, 12:40:19 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2015, 12:12:09 PMMaybe not objectively, but I'd still choose to watch Requiem over Resurrection. I can't stomach the Newborn at all.

That's fair enough.

I can't stomach literally anything about Requiem at all.

Resurrection is at least a decent tongue-in-cheek, slightly bizarre black comedy-horror movie mash-up, even if it's a terrible Alien movie. I don't find Requiem enjoyably on any level whatsoever. It's just appalling.

First of all in the begining of AR - WHERE did they found blood to clone Ripley? WHERE if she burnt in hot (HOT) metal? In all movie even in DC version she didn't get hurt to blood!
Second: Classic Alien drone is Humanalien where human is a host, as for Predalien where Predator is a host, Runner where quadripedal is a host and so on, SO... WTF is Newborn? Humanhumanalien? %-( if Newborn was cut in Director's Cut the whole movie became lot better to watch.
Also there are awful actors! In A3 those prisoners had a charisma, in AR there are nasty faces. It's unpleasant to watch this movie because of them too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MaXenaeL on Sep 03, 2015, 10:58:16 AMFirst of all in the begining of AR - WHERE did they found blood to clone Ripley? WHERE if she burnt in hot (HOT) metal? In all movie even in DC version she didn't get hurt to blood!

Clemens obviously took some blood samples when she arrived on Fury 161. I would've thought that much was standard medical procedure, given the circumstances of how she got there.

Quote from: MaXenaeL on Sep 03, 2015, 10:58:16 AMSecond: Classic Alien drone is Humanalien where human is a host, as for Predalien where Predator is a host, Runner where quadripedal is a host and so on, SO... WTF is Newborn? Humanhumanalien?

All explained in the movie. The Newborn is the result of the Queen having human DNA mixed in with her own. Just as Ripley 8 isn't all human, the Queen isn't all Alien. She inherits reproduction via live birth from Ripley because the cloning process was impure.

MaXenaeL

MaXenaeL

HuDaFuK, okay! Shure, you're right about Clemens, I forgot about that moment, my Humanhumanalien theory is a little diferent, but the main idea is the same as yours. I understand that Queen was a mutant. Okay. BUT! How the hell alien DNA got in Ripley blood?! Alien Embryo can consume host's resourses and DNA, it adaptates to be biologicaly invisible to host's organism until chestburst (when it becomes just too big to hide). Human embryo never changes mother, any embryo never changes host. If no, than Ripley, Cane and all facehugged become mutants already? What a bullshit? If you have one blood type it's no guaranty your mom has the same type. The law of reason and consequense.

Corporal Hicks

If I remember rightly the intent is that the embryo actually changes the host DNA so the host's body doesn't fight it off.

MaXenaeL

MaXenaeL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2015, 07:48:09 AM
If I remember rightly the intent is that the embryo actually changes the host DNA so the host's body doesn't fight it off.

Absolutely vice versa! How small cell is able to change the whole body? It's too expensive, much easier is to change itself (one cell). If no, then there's no meaning in drone variations such as Runnners, Predaliens etc. That is why embryo borrows host DNA - only to hide. Other abilities like extrastrong or extrafast are consequense of that borrow.

Life example: When you run away from killers, you will hide in garbage can and dig into it, but never change the whole street. Maybe you're able, but they are running after you and you have no time.

So is here. Embryo is growing too fast to change whole environment, much easier is to hide behind host's security systems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed