AVPR and Resident Evil

Started by Wolfpred, Apr 19, 2008, 07:02:39 PM

Author
AVPR and Resident Evil (Read 1,942 times)

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

anyone notice how much alike AVPR and Residnet Evil: Apacalipse? its ovious. especially the ending, the helicopter fight scene with the nuke, same thing in resdent evil: apacalipse.  :P

War Wager

War Wager

Exept everything in RE:A is better.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Now you mention it Wolfpred it does seem famiiliar at the end for both movies.

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

No originality ::)

ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust

whats the connection ? both ruined by hollywood + pw anderson has had his mits on them in some form

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

i sometime compare the characters.    Alice is like Wolf. Nemesis is like chet. Valentine is like Kelley. etc.

Fury_616

Fury_616

Actually, now that you mention it, the first AVP movie was a lot like the first RE movie.  All PW Anderson did was replace an underground research facility with an underground arctic temple, and replace the zombies with Aliens and Predators.  I've also noticed similarities between RE:A and AVP:R.  Kinda makes you wonder if AVP3 will be like RE3, with a deserted space colony on a desert planet standing in for RE3's Las Vegas . . .  ;D

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

Quote from: Fury_616 on Apr 21, 2008, 08:06:57 PM
Actually, now that you mention it, the first AVP movie was a lot like the first RE movie.  All PW Anderson did was replace an underground research facility with an underground arctic temple, and replace the zombies with Aliens and Predators.  I've also noticed similarities between RE:A and AVP:R.  Kinda makes you wonder if AVP3 will be like RE3, with a deserted space colony on a desert planet standing in for RE3's Las Vegas . . .  ;D

:P ;D :P

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Although there were similarities, there have been tons of monster movies that take place in the nowhere American town, like the Blob for example.  I think one of the Ideas of AVP-R was to give a modern homage to some of those movies.  and besides, the similarities are very subtle, where as with the first AVP compared to the first Resident Evil, the similarities were too close.

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

Quote from: AdamJZ on Apr 22, 2008, 06:08:08 AM
and besides, the similarities are very subtle, where as with the first AVP compared to the first Resident Evil, the similarities were too close.

uhuh. the whole underground-mystery thing
and the AVP script by Paul was written around the time he wrote the script for the first resident evil

Eldritch_DM

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Fury_616 on Apr 21, 2008, 08:06:57 PM

:D  :D  :D Sad but probably true.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 19, 2008, 10:55:10 PM
Exept everything in RE:A is better.

No way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed