Alien Overview

Started by War Wager, Apr 11, 2008, 05:23:14 PM

Author
Alien Overview (Read 3,620 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Kanes Son - Alien

Design

Classic look, with an iconic head and very long legs and arms, strangle finger-like claws with pipes and a blade jutting off it's back. Very biomechanical look and a skelatal body with lots of silver and black colourings. In it's domed head you can make out Kanes skull under the cowl.   

Killings

After growing full size, the Alien hides in the ships cargo hold. After Brett wonders unknowingly into it's trap, he is lifted up into the cooling ducts and never seen alive again. The Alien also captures the chips captain Dallas. When Parker attacks it at the movies end, it sends him flying against a wall and punctures his head wth it's inner jaw. This shows that Kanes Son is really strong awsell as extremely agile. After dispatching of Parker, the Alien commits a horrible act on Lambert, made worse by the fact that you can only hear it.

Breeding

Although we think that Brett and Dallas have been killed, we find out in the Directors Cut that they're fate is far worse. Cacooned with a strange material, the slowly begin to completelty transform into Alien eggs. Whether a Facehugger or a full grown Alien emerges from this is unkown, but the 'Egg Morphing' technique has never officially been seen on screen.

Overall Rating

Very creepy and disturbing on-screen but the design isn't my favourite.

9/10

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Now thats what I call a scary alien :o

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

what I like about the original alien's desing is the strange, weird, not from this world vibe.

War Wager

War Wager

The Animals - Aliens

Design

Very much the same as Gigers version exept the obvious difference being the ridged head. A more skelatal body with a longer jaw, larger claws and a blade that juts out from the back of the arms. These Aliens have a percular colour with the boned parts beings a sort of tanned brown but most of the body being black/blue. Still looks like an Alien however and is a great version.

Killings

Only one on-screen kill in the movie with a Warrior quickly disaptching of Ferro in the Marine dropship.

Breeding

An interesting feature about these Aliens is that they really try to expand their Hive as soon as they can, capturing the humans rather than killing them outright. Aliens brought in the whole 'Hive' complex with the Aliens creating a strange, sticky material that completely covers whatever the setting may be. To further enhance the horror, they caccon hosts in the resin so they are sitting ducks for Facehuggers.

Overall Rating

Great design and occasional intelligence, but are turned into screaming space bugs.

7/10

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nice outlines bro! Wasn't there an article like this on the web somewhere?

War Wager

War Wager

Probably. ^

I don't actually know why I'm doing this.  :P

XenoVC

XenoVC

Looking Forward to The Alien 3 review too

I sense a Postitive Alien Res Review  ;)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Where did you get the images from Alien? We never get to see it that much.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 13, 2008, 03:52:09 AM
Where did you get the images from Alien? We never get to see it that much.
He got them from The gallery here On AVPGalaxy  :)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=53

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Great Alien overviews so far War Wager. Keep up the good work  ;)

Stalker

Stalker

A great write-up mate. I've never liked that shot of the alien's hand reaching out at Brett's face though...always seemed a bit too E.T. in my opinion. The skull features of the original alien always looked fantastic to me, pity it wasn't really shown in the film.

War Wager

War Wager

The Dragon - Alien3

Design

The DogAlien has a nice skeletal body, even more so that seen previous. Being birth from a dog, this Alien has no dorsal tubes or large shoulders. Instead it's back is very long and streamlined and the creature features longer more beast-like arms, legs and a huge bladed tail. The DogAlien also features a strange fleshy texture around it's neck, something that the original designs lacked. It also has the classic domed head in which you can see a strange pattern inside. The skull is gone however.

Killings

The Alien in this movie is a killing machine, quickly dispatching of anyone it comes across. It's increased speed also means that more blood is created by the kill as the DogAlien is nearly always seen with blood dripping from it's mouth.

Breeding

The creature makes no attempt to breed or create a Hive, but thats probably only bacause Ripley is carrying a Queen. It clearly tries to protect it's future and thinks that killing all the humans is the way to do that. During the coarse of the movie the Alien really tries to aviod Ripley, but at the movies end after jumping out the lead, it gets a burst of speed and just goes for her. I've always thought it would probably gauge out the baby and help it through it's final stages itself, but I guess we'll never know.

Overall Rating

A real brutal beast with a great design and a horrific persona.

10/10

War Wager

War Wager

The Mutants - Alien Resurrection

Design

I perosonally love the body and head shape, but the brown fleshy skin doesn't look anywhere near as good as before. Pretty much everything has changed since Alien. Different head, arms, hands, legs, dorsal tubes, tail, even the inner jaw is different. Putting the story into consideration takes some of the pain however.

Killings

They don't really pay much attention to breeding but it's possible that could just be what the cloning has done to them. They're unatural, confused creatures. They kill everyone they come across, slaughtering soldiers, freezing one to death, de-braining Perez, drowning Hillard, killing Elygin, and trying to attack Ripley. 

Breeding

As said before the Warriors just kill, kill, kill. However they made a strange Hive-like substanse usually known as 'The Viper Pit'. This is probably an unatural Hive method. It covered the floor in one part of the movie and many Aliens seemed to be sleeping/healing on it. Of coarse 'The Pit' is unlikely to ever be seen again.

Overall Rating

Very threatning look, big, powerful and intelligent as hell.

8/10

War Wager

War Wager

The Serpents - AvP

Design

Pretty much the same head design as A:R, exept this time are black and have a faint bio-mech design inside. Very large hands and tails with bladed tips on the ends along with big dorsal tubes, hips and exaggerated skeletal chests. Strange enough, these Aliens are just as fleshy as before. They have very slight bio-mech hints but most of it's covered with sleek, blue/black skin.

Killings

Grid of coarse kills both Gill and Celtic, and the Predators seen in the flashback also count as kills but theres no human casualties in the movie. The one that Lex kills with Scar's spear looked like it was going to kill her before hand, but obviously tried to when it got impaled.

Breeding

Since the Aliens kill no humans in the movie, this brings back a good intelligence in them, in that they know they need as many brood as possible. Strange point here; when the Aliens surround Verheiden , they unsheate their inner jaws and you hear him screaming off-screen. He's later seen alive in the Hive with a Facehugger attached to him. ^ Were the Aliens just injuring him or is this just a mistake?

Overall Rating

Nice vocals and behaviour.

8/10

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

hwy War Wager, what are you going to call the avpr aliens,they never got a nickname on screen that I remember, are you even doing a review on them. ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed