Bishop/Weyland Question (may contain spoilers)

Started by Jay Thomas, Apr 03, 2008, 07:03:02 PM

Author
Bishop/Weyland Question (may contain spoilers) (Read 2,165 times)

Jay Thomas

Warning: This may contain spoilers, but I think you guys have all seen the flicks.

So, my question is: Being that AVP is a prequel to the ALIENS moveis and a sequel to the PREDATOR movies (If that is the case)--How is it that Weyland dies by the hand of a Predator in AVP, and then reappears in ALIEN 3? I'm assuming that the Lance Henrickson character in ALIEN 3 is Weyland because he says he is not the android, he "built it".

So, is this a plot hole, or is AVP a sequel to the ALIENS series, or is the Lance Henrickson character in ALIEN 3 just another android that built the android from ALIENS?  ???

Corporal Hicks

Well...Weyland made the company but Michael built the Bishop models. They just happen to look the same...that's all...that's all...sure...yeah...*looks around nervously*

Wolfpred

michael bishop weyland could be a great-great-great-great-grandson to weyland in AVP

Demosthenes

Ther is a whole topic on this

Jay Thomas

Could you direct me to that thread DarkStar??

Demosthenes

Alien movies, under the hot topics

Jay Thomas

Thanks! ::goes to look:: i've been wondering about this for a little while and only just found this forum, sorry guys, newbie!  :-X

Cellien

It's obvious what Anderson tried to imply, but many fans reject it... though admittedly with good reason.  The filmmakers of Alien 3 said Bishop was human, but Anderson and Lance Henrickson both stated otherwise.  It makes since both ways, and the fanbase is split about the issue.  ...So believe what you will.

I predict the usuals on this issue will come and say it's only one way and not worth discussion. :)

schwa

I thought it was "Charles" Bishop Weyland?

Scarface Predator

AVP is not canon.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Scarface Predator on Apr 07, 2008, 09:11:12 PM
AVP is not canon.
I'm sure there are other people like me who hate AvP but it is, sadly, canon. I'm sure other people will say the same about your statement.

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 08, 2008, 11:52:01 AM
AVP is not canon.
I'm sure there are other people like me who hate AvP but it is, sadly, canon. I'm sure other people will say the same about your statement.
Fans say whats canon or not, FOX do not.

SM

It's Fox's prerogative to say what is and isn't canon.  Sadly they've yet to exercise it.

darcevil

Quote from: Scarface Predator on Apr 08, 2008, 10:03:36 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 08, 2008, 11:52:01 AM
AVP is not canon.
Fans say whats canon or not, FOX do not.

So if fans wanted to revolt and say Predator isn't canon...then it isn't? ::)

SM

That's not what he said.

Since Fox has never done like Paramount or Lucasfilm and said "THIS is canon, and THIS isn't" it's up to the fans to work out what they include or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed