What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,625,238 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Never heard of A.S.A.P. , will need to investigate!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGIFNS3Idc

Sorry Bruce (heard it live in person), but Dianno totally owns this song.

HuDaFuK

Completely coincidentally:

I binge-bought so much Maiden when I really got into them, I only just realised I've had this ever since and had never played it :P The banter before "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" is awesome :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

Never heard that concert sadly. When I got the Eddie's Archives metal box set, I waited for a couple years before I finally listened to the 1988 concert CD and damn it was fantastic.

I vote we make this an Iron Maiden only page now :laugh:

HuDaFuK

"What Iron Maiden are you listening to right now?"

:P

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 19, 2017, 08:16:55 PMWhen I got the Eddie's Archives metal box set, I waited for a couple years before I finally listened to the 1988 concert CD and damn it was fantastic.

I really want to hear that one. I don't have the box set unfortunately; I have the B-sides album from it because that was seemingly released separately at some point (at least, I got it by itself off eBay, but I can't see some doofus selling the set off piecemeal!) Unfortunately I think the other two discs remain exclusive to the box.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

For those not in the know : All three CDs (BBC Archives, Beast Over Hammersmith 82, and Best of B-Sides) are 2CD sets, totaling 6 CDs and 77 tracks (of absolute awesomeness). Here's a link so I don't have to list everything :P

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie%27s_Archive

Kinda ironic (haha) I got mine for Christmas in 2003, still in great, great condition overall. I even used the shot glass too, the Ruby color gem eyes in Eddie's head are a neat glance when you take down a shot!

Whiskeybrewer

I got the Eddie's Archive boxset. with the "Metal box, scroll, shot glass, ring and the CD's. shame best of the b-sides is missing one track, but it cant be helped.

I only need to get Ed Hunter and I've got all the album's

Oh an I actually prefer Blaze's version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers. it suits him better

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 20, 2017, 11:29:25 AMshame best of the b-sides is missing one track, but it cant be helped.

It's actually missing a few. Even discounting the numerous live B-sides they left off (kinda understandable, otherwise it'd need to be a lot more than 2 discs lol) there are at least two studio songs I can think of that are AWOL - their cover of Thin Lizzy "Massacre" (had to track that one down separately, as I'm an even bigger fan of Lizzy than Maiden lol) and a non-album track from the X Factor sessions. Can't recall the name off the top of my head, but I know they did three and only two got on the compilation. There's also a couple of jokey dialogue recordings from in the studio that didn't make the cut.

It's a shame the 2-disc reissues they did of their early albums, with every B-side on the second disc, are so freaking hard/expensive to find. Likewise a shame they've never done the same thing for their later albums. Maiden are one of those acts that legitimately have a treasure trove of non-album material.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 20, 2017, 01:33:22 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 20, 2017, 11:29:25 AMshame best of the b-sides is missing one track, but it cant be helped.

It's actually missing a few. Even discounting the numerous live B-sides they left off (kinda understandable, otherwise it'd need to be a lot more than 2 discs lol) there are at least two studio songs I can think of that are AWOL - their cover of Thin Lizzy "Massacre" (had to track that one down separately, as I'm an even bigger fan of Lizzy than Maiden lol) and a non-album track from the X Factor sessions. Can't recall the name off the top of my head, but I know they did three and only two got on the compilation. There's also a couple of jokey dialogue recordings from in the studio that didn't make the cut.

It's a shame the 2-disc reissues they did of their early albums, with every B-side on the second disc, are so freaking hard/expensive to find. Likewise a shame they've never done the same thing for their later albums. Maiden are one of those acts that legitimately have a treasure trove of non-album material.

That's true I'd forgotten about Massacre. I have that on the First Ten Years CD's. Its a great cover. And the Blaze track is called I Live My Way. I think it was only released on a Japanese single, but its easy to find on youtube.

One of the best songs from the Ray Wilson era of Genesis.

Johnny Edwards deserved another album with Foreigner. This song rules

FiorinaFury161

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsl-bB7lmk

My absolute favorite Iron Maiden track. Not their best, but it still is my go to iconic Maiden track.

Also, those pants. :o

Russ

Russ

I really don't like "Run to the Hills." I'm aware this makes me a bad person. Also, Somewhere in Time is my favorite record. This makes me a worse person.

And this is my favorite song!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 22, 2017, 01:48:16 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsl-bB7lmk

My absolute favorite Iron Maiden track. Not their best, but it still is my go to iconic Maiden track.

Hello, person who agrees with me! ;D

Quote from: Russ on Sep 22, 2017, 08:53:17 AMI really don't like "Run to the Hills." I'm aware this makes me a bad person. Also, Somewhere in Time is my favorite record. This makes me a worse person.

And this is my favorite song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfTeHdQvGk0

I was ready to argue with the first bit, but then you said the rest :laugh:

Russ

Russ

I remember at the time, the press was going on about "sell out" and all that stuff cos they used bass synths and so forth, but I really loved the album. I saw them in Hammersmith on this tour which was ace. I remember they did this which made me learn to play the guitar (though I was really shit and gave it up for the bass in the end cos that was easier):

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't think I'd ever say Somewhere is even nearly their best album, but it's always been my favourite. "Wasted Years", "Stranger in a Strange Land" and "Alexander the Great" are three of my all-time favourite Maiden tracks. I think the fact that Adrian (as I've mentioned, easily my favourite of the band's three guitarists) had such a big influence on the album is no doubt part of why I love it so much. The B-sides they did for the singles were amazing too.

Sadly I didn't see them on that tour on account of not having been born yet :P Needless to say I'm very jealous.

Oh yeah, and surely that has to be the greatest Iron Maiden album artwork of all time?

Russ

Russ

For sure on both counts - the record cover had so many hidden details (Batman and Icarus being my faves). The B-sides were great, yes. I used to have the limited edition 12 Wasted Years cd set (that I bought before I had a cd player *lol*), but I gave all my CDs away to charity last year.

I was annoyed, I didn't see them on the Book of Souls tour, but I will definitely go to the next one no matter what the cost - I suspect it will be their last, despite what they are saying at the moment.

Whiskeybrewer

I think Maiden will have at least two more tours I think. Especially as they can get around quicker with ED Force One.

Really wish they'd do a tour made up of primarily songs from No Prayer to Virtual XI, mainly so they can finally do Virus live. They still need to do at least two more History of Maiden DVD's as well lol

Only seen Maiden once back in 2000, but I will endeavour to see them again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed