What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,635,803 times)

KiramidHead

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2016, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2016, 03:33:23 PMWas actually listening to Back to the Light over the weekend. Makes me wish he would do another proper Solo album...

You ever heard his second solo album, Another World? It's not as good but still a decent listen.
I haven't actually. I've only heard Cyborg, Business (Cozy Powell Mix) and Why Dont We Try Again. The fact it was planned as a proper album, just a covers album may explain why. But a Full on Album of Original Material would be brilliant

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2016, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2016, 03:33:23 PM...maybe with versions of Headlong, I Can't Live With You and the racks he wrote for The Cosmos Rocks on there or as bonus tracks.

Funny you should say that, Roger Taylor's most recent solo album (Fun on Earth) actually had a couple of "his" takes of Cosmos Rocks songs. There was a really great version of "Say It's Not True" with Jeff Beck on guitar on there.

Well he did write it before the album for the Return of the Champions tour. Ill have to listen to this version with Jeff Beck

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 13, 2016, 10:55:51 AMI haven't actually. I've only heard Cyborg, Business (Cozy Powell Mix) and Why Dont We Try Again. The fact it was planned as a proper album, just a covers album may explain why.

Yeah, you can kind of tell it started as one thing and turned into something else, because it's a bit piecemeal.

This is my favourite track from it, coincidentally also featuring Jeff Beck.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 13, 2016, 10:55:51 AMWell he did write it before the album for the Return of the Champions tour. Ill have to listen to this version with Jeff Beck

:)

Whiskeybrewer

Some great playing by Jeff on both of those tracks

Yeah that Brian May song is brilliant. Wish he had just done the Heroes cover album. Released that as he was gathering material for his next solo album, which would have been the original material from Another World and then any new songs he came up with after.

Of the three versions of Say It's Not True, i think the best one is his acoustic version from Return of the Champions. Has more feeling behind it.

Come on Brain you know you wanna do another solo album without Kerry lol

HuDaFuK

I think it was Cozy dying that ended Brian's solo career.

I know he was working on his first album in the final days of Queen and was hesitant to even finish that because of Freddie's impending death and the grief he was feeling over that, but supposedly Freddie insisted that he finish it up after he was gone and get it out there. Then when Cozy went and died when he was making album number two, I think it kinda took away his appetite to do more. Shame.

KiramidHead

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

That is an excellent piece of music though. Amazing ending to that film. Contender for my favourite Michael Mann movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:42 PM
I think it was Cozy dying that ended Brian's solo career.

I know he was working on his first album in the final days of Queen and was hesitant to even finish that because of Freddie's impending death and the grief he was feeling over that, but supposedly Freddie insisted that he finish it up after he was gone and get it out there. Then when Cozy went and died when he was making album number two, I think it kinda took away his appetite to do more. Shame.

Thats probably true actually. which is a shame.

Deathbearer

THE CITY HUNTER

Waterloo by Abba.such a catchy song

KiramidHead

This so wrong... :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Prefer the Ozzy version of that.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2016, 04:21:49 PM

I only picked this one because of how hilariously out of place Pinhead is in the video.

Vow

Vow

Perfect for Sunday evening:

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 25, 2016, 05:50:50 PM

I only picked this one because of how hilariously out of place Pinhead is in the video.

Clive Barker directed this video if i remember rightly. Lemmy is the only person who could give the bird to Pinhead and get away with it. Hell He'd probably replace Leviathan lol

I actually prefer this version tbf. Although the Ozzy one is great to

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed