All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,843,015 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

It's Star Wars, it doesn't need to be grounded. It just needs to look cool and sell toys. It's a franchise where people can block lasers with swords and push things with their minds.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Nov 26, 2015, 05:27:49 AM
It's Star Wars, it doesn't need to be grounded. It just needs to look cool and sell toys. It's a franchise where people can block lasers with swords and push things with their minds.

Yeah I know thus, but some things come across a bit prequel-ish to me.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 26, 2015, 04:19:41 AM
Quote from: Gate on Nov 25, 2015, 04:19:28 PM
The Chrome Trooper will be lightsaber resistant, I'm calling it now.

Intriguing, but why not have all stormtroopers in the same armour?

I understand it 'looks cool' but at the same time it does feel too much like a cheap merchandise move. OK this trooper is really good, a leader, high in rank etc...why bring attention to yourself in battle in a flashy suit? surely that could lead to more trouble than its worth. It just feels a bit too much like an action figure variation, like having an Aliens Colonial Marine with bio-mechanical arms or whatever, a silly toy hybrid thing.
Cause it's too goddamn expensive would be the most likely answer. Dude everyone has wanted attention since the dawn of time. Power and prestige. It looks cool but why does a chick need a cod piece?

And is it me or does this movie sound like the adventures of Lukes light-saber? A trilling story of one light saber trying to find it's long lost master. Then again maybe Kylo needs it to fix his own light saber. Ren just keeps coming up short doesn't he.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Who's not to say it's some sort of customization that comes with position?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Too expensive?
How much does a 16km long Star Destroyer cost?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 26, 2015, 12:24:44 PM
Too expensive?
What if that armor does cost one star destroyer? I mean this is total speculation but an armor that can block light saber attacks as rumored must be made out of some pretty special material, otherwise, yea, all of them would have it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 26, 2015, 12:24:44 PM
Too expensive?

It costs resources.  Resources that the Empire feels are justified in building it, maintaining it, supplying it and crewing it.  By the same token, the First Order might value a high-ranking officer like Captain Phasma more than their rank-and-file troops and would therefore feel justified in equipping her with better armor to protect an important asset.

ace3g

ace3g

Vermillion

Vermillion

Well.  I don't need to see the movie now.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Didn't seem like that gave anything away there. Unless the rebels shot first. Han definitely shoots first every time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope they're not gonna give me blue balls by using the classic themes in the trailers and then hitting us with mostly* new shit in the actual movie that doesn't hold a candle to the music from the OT.

*mostly

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh poor Bobba Fett is now a ronrey stormtrooper. I guess that was what Vermillion is depressed about in that trailer.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Heh, the way that was edited made it look like the storm troopers turned around because Chewbacca made a noise.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Rewatching the prequels. Halfway through Phantom. Thoughts:

-The tone is super light here. Like New Hope but pitched younger.

-Calling the plot structure 'loose' would be an understatement. Who's the protagonist? What's the actual conflict? What's the urgency? What?

-The scenes are poorly written, the dialogue in particular. The characters are flat. Obi-Wan, for instance, is a non-entity. Jar Jar is just there to mug for the camera but storywise contributes very little.

-lol so many racist stereotype aliens

-The performances are bad. I do not blame the performers. Hell, I don't think Jake Lloyd is a bad actor here. It's just a deadly mix of bad writing (there's nothing under the surface for him) and bad directing (it's pretty clear he was result directed-- 'act scared' as opposed to 'you want _____ but fear _____ because of ______ etc etc'. If there's no subtext or drive, an actor has nothing to work with. A better director could have gotten a solid performance out of Jake Lloyd.)

-The CGI ships/landscapes (aside from the lol green pastures) are fine, especially for 1999, but the CGI creatures are dreadful.

Hubbs

Hubbs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed