ADI isn't that bad folks

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 26, 2008, 06:13:52 PM

Author
ADI isn't that bad folks (Read 24,094 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 26, 2009, 10:24:49 PM
That was the BS's decision, probably to get closer to the Cameron designs. Really bad move, because it might look good from an angle but it looks arkward when an actor has to quickly turn his head. A smaller neck (eg AvP) makes the head move more fluidly.

And again, there was no need for that change. The original head was fine.

walterf

walterf

I didn't think the Aliens looked horrible in thier AVP films, but that's just my take.

The only thing I didn't like was how the Preds looked in the first AVP film, so clunky and when Scar took his mask off he looked horrendously fake and goofy.

I do, however, love how Wolf looks in AVPR so overall I don't have too much bad to say about em.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: SiL on Apr 26, 2009, 10:26:13 PM
The Alien and Predator are a car, and ADI are the dumbasses who do this to it.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fail-owned-spoiler-fail3.jpg?w=500&h=398

Wow! Is that the Pred-mobil for the upcomming Predators movie? No more wristeblades. They just run over their prey. YEAH!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

gold

gold

Guys ADI have made mistakes, notably by replacing biomechanical with the melted cheese look.
Even the A3 alien had the molten cheese flesh which did not look good.

But don't lay the blame fully on ADI. The Requiem Alien for example had some good additions done to the design if you look at the CGI mockups. Compared to kane's son and the Camralien it really looks like a fierce dragon where the others look weak. Yes it does have the molten cheese flesh and the overbite which were a mistake.

But don't just blame ADI, how it is shot makes a huge difference in how we (end up) loving or hating something. Damn the strauses.

SM

SM

The AvP:Poo Aliens were far and away the worst.

DoomRulz

Quote from: gold on May 13, 2009, 11:27:51 PM
But don't lay the blame fully on ADI. The Requiem Alien for example had some good additions done to the design if you look at the CGI mockups. Compared to kane's son and the Camralien it really looks like a fierce dragon where the others look weak. Yes it does have the molten cheese flesh and the overbite which were a mistake.

And the fatass neck, which looks like Alien was taking steroids.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gold on May 13, 2009, 11:27:51 PM
But don't just blame ADI, how it is shot makes a huge difference in how we (end up) loving or hating something. Damn the strauses.
No, damn ADI. The Bros are responsible for the Aliens looking like guys in suits in the film proper. ADI are still responsible for having a crappy design in the first place, and for not understanding what made the Alien work.

DoomRulz

Weren't the re-designed heads the BS' idea?

SM

SM

Being Aliens fanboys, yeah I think I remember reading that.  ADI however was still responsible for the design.

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on Apr 24, 2009, 09:25:54 PM
Because despite the decent work they did on Alien 3, they clearly have no idea what made the Alien unique or special in the first place, and are hell-bent on "improving" it with each successive film without actually considering what it is they're "improving".

"Oh, I know! Let's make the head pointier at the back - It will look meaner! Let's beef up the hands! Let's give them monster feet! Biomechanical doesn't look good, let's make it fleshy."

They once said they were making the Alien look like Giger originally planned it. Giger read this and basically said "What the hell are you guys on?"

spot on. Their work in Alien 3 was really good I think, perhaps due to the fact that they incorporated Giger's designs (lips etc). But after that it went downhill...very fast

DoomRulz

I thought the Dog Alien was entirely re-designed by ADI? They saw Giger's initial drawings, but had already invented their own design by the time they got Giger's stuff.

Friendly Wise

The original alien in A:3 was supposed to spawn from an Ox, which it did and made it back into the re-cut of the film. If I remembered right Giger did the original design for the Ox version before he was released form the project, then Fincher changed his mind about the design and that's where ADI stepped in. Can't remember all the details but it went something like that.

SM

SM

ADI called the design similarities "a happy coincidence".

Awgustas

The costumes that ADI makes are... so unreal...
"At ADI, everyone can hear you scream"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed