ADI isn't that bad folks

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 26, 2008, 06:13:52 PM

Author
ADI isn't that bad folks (Read 24,095 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 27, 2008, 02:05:09 AM
Do any of us really have the time to devote ourselves to another, "Too much Pred in the PredAlien" argument?

I feel tired just thinking about it.

So why'd you post here?

SM

SM

He's right though.  The discussion about how over the top the Predator is in the Alien has been done to death.  Best not get into it again.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2008, 02:23:39 AM
So why'd you post here?
To point out that we've already had that argument four thousand f*ckin' times already.  I thought that was obvious.

...Uh, I mean, "What SM said."

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 27, 2008, 02:26:26 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2008, 02:23:39 AM
So why'd you post here?
To point out that we've already had that argument four thousand f*ckin' times already.  I thought that was obvious.

...Uh, I mean, "What SM said."

I was making the initial argument that ADI hasn't screwed up as badly as some people think. If you want to disagree that's fine. Just don't come in here and tell us we're wasting our time.

Anyway, the Predalien aside...what was wrong with the Aliens? They looked pretty good to me in AvP:R.

SM

SM

I've already said why they sucked.

The floor is open.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2008, 02:33:07 AM
Just don't come in here and tell us we're wasting our time.
Aww, no fair.

Jeez, what a baby.  I was referring to one specific aspect, but who am I to steer you away from the neverending argument?  Go nuts.

Here, I'll start...

The PredAlien is a prime example of ADI's complete inability to better themselves when it comes to the Alien and/or Predator franchise/s.  The design chosen is a true hybrid of shit and shinola, and incorporates features from both species in the most clumsy way imaginable.  Rather than a true merging, the PredAlien looks like it has been through Andre Delambre's teleporter, and has Predator skin and muscle grafted right on top of vaguely Alien-esque material.   Seth Brundle's machine would have been the preferred choice in this instance.   Or better yet (to leave the nerd references behind) ...a more logical design which only incorporates a small amount of Predator characteristics into the general Alien appearance.  The idea that the PredAlien takes so much of its appearance from the Predator is asinine.

Anyway, the Predalien aside...what was wrong with the Aliens? They looked pretty good to me in AvP:R.
They suck.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 27, 2008, 02:44:52 AM
Just don't come in here and tell us we're wasting our time.
Aww, no fair.

Jeez, what a baby.  I was referring to one specific aspect, but who am I to steer you away from the neverending argument?  Go nuts.

Here, I'll start...

The PredAlien is a prime example of ADI's complete inability to better themselves when it comes to the Alien and/or Predator franchise/s.  The design chosen is a true hybrid of shit and shinola, and incorporates features from both species in the most clumsy way imaginable.  Rather than a true merging, the PredAlien looks like it has been through Andre Delambre's teleporter, and has Predator skin and muscle grafted right on top of vaguely Alien-esque material.   Seth Brundle's machine would have been the preferred choice in this instance.   Or better yet (to leave the nerd references behind) ...a more logical design which only incorporates a small amount of Predator characteristics into the general Alien appearance.  The idea that the PredAlien takes so much of its appearance from the Predator is asinine.

The only explanation I can think of that explains so much Predator being in the PA is the BS are Predator fans, quite frankly. What would you have done differently with the creature's design?

Quote from: SM on Feb 27, 2008, 02:41:42 AM
I've already said why they sucked.

The floor is open.

You said the jaw tendons were weak; did you mean look weak or actually are? I'm guessing you preferred the smoothed headed Alien over the ridged design and TBH, I didn't notice much of an overbite in the Aliens.

SM

SM

QuoteYou said the jaw tendons were weak; did you mean look weak or actually are?

Look.  Too translucent.

I do prefer smooth over ridged, but at least the Cameraliens actually bore some resemblence to what a Giger Alien head would like like sans dome, so they were okay.  ADIs don't - up to now it hasn't been an issue.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I prefer the ridged design, it seems to make the creature more menacing IMO. I don't know why. It just does.

The jaws may have looked weak, but they definitely weren't. They punched right thru that plant worker's helmet with ease.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

ADI is fine, but some of their designs are off.

I like the new alien head and neck. The head can be improved on, but it's OK.
The body is recycled, and I'm glad we don't see it in full light.

Chet was fine to me.

Wolf was perfect.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2008, 03:58:59 AM
The jaws may have looked weak, but they definitely weren't. They punched right thru that plant worker's helmet with ease.
That's the tongue.

Weasel

Weasel

I think ADI is fine. AVP creatures were shit, but I didn't see too much wrong with AVP-R. I mean, aside from the side angles of the aliens, it was great. People are too picky.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 27, 2008, 04:43:10 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2008, 03:58:59 AM
That's the tongue.

My bad.

Quote from: Weasel on Feb 27, 2008, 04:46:47 AM
I think ADI is fine. AVP creatures were shit, but I didn't see too much wrong with AVP-R. I mean, aside from the side angles of the aliens, it was great. People are too picky.

AvP Aliens were great. AvP Predators on the other hand...well, I suppose they were just following orders :P

SM

SM

I don't think that defence worked at Nuremberg.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Feb 27, 2008, 04:56:38 AM
I don't think that defence worked at Nuremberg.

This is a far cry from Nuremburg.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed