Arcturian Poontang

Started by Pax, May 08, 2007, 09:32:57 PM

Author
Arcturian Poontang (Read 29,606 times)

Pax

Pax

So I've been looking around on various Aliens information sites, some of them roleplaying, some of them not, and many of them mention the Arcturians, those creatures briefly mentioned while our old pals on the Sulaco were having breakfast.  Now, the real interesting part is that they're described pretty consistently across multiple sites as blind, subteranean humanoid mole people with an insect-like society. 

Now, where the hell did this idea come from?  Frost and Spunkmeyer were talking about enjoying the boinking of these critters, and I'm having a hard time imagining the marines crawling down into the tunnels to rape some barely-sentient colonist-hating cave people.

Granted, the movie doesn't go into much detail, not mention whether the Arcturians are even extraterrestrials.  For all we know, the planet could be just be home to some Earthly colonists with a reputation for unusually sexy women (and girly men) or a home of major android production (and therefore a high population of sex synths).

What do you guys think?

-Pax

Cromartie

Cromartie

i dont know what the hell it was but it was good...... they blindfolded me though....

SM

SM

The above description might've come from the Leading Edge Aliens RPG.  Sounds familiar.  The expand on these things for the purposes of the game.  Doesn't mean it's really what Cameron intended.  Cameron probably didn't intend anything beyond banter.

Ultimately we don't know what they are.  I've always considered them to be semi-sentient (at least) androgynous sexually compatiable extra terrestrials.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Creepy...raping deformed mole people is disturbing :-X

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I always though that they were on about a holiday or someware they went that turnd out good or something?

Cromartie

Cromartie

hey as a joke if cpl. hicks posts here you could say"and the one that you had was a male"..

SM

SM

QuoteI always though that they were on about a holiday or someware they went that turnd out good or something?

You mean like Patpong Rd?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ParanoidZombie on May 09, 2007, 09:22:11 AM
hey as a joke if cpl. hicks posts here you could say"and the one that tou had was a male"..

...hi...*looks around*

Doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby.

Pax

Pax

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2007, 01:07:10 AM
The above description might've come from the Leading Edge Aliens RPG.  Sounds familiar.  The expand on these things for the purposes of the game.  Doesn't mean it's really what Cameron intended.  Cameron probably didn't intend anything beyond banter.

Ultimately we don't know what they are.  I've always considered them to be semi-sentient (at least) androgynous sexually compatiable extra terrestrials.

That's all pretty much what I figured.  I didn't think there was any actual official Cameron-esque explanation or anything.  I was just curious what people had thought/heard about the critters.

In the Aliens D20 RPG I'm running, I portrayed Arcturians about like you said: nearly androgynous ETs.  I started out with the idea that they were like that style of anime/manga where the girls are girly and so are the men, but I ended up with a kind of peaceful, almost etheral two-life-cycle aliens.  They're humanoid in the first cycle, and they have seperate genders, but sex doesn't matter, because when they die, some deep part of them grows from a seed into a tree, using their old body as fertilizer.  It's kinda similar to the Piggies in Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game/Speaker for the Dead series, if anyone's read that, except only the tree part of the cycle is fertile and reproduces, resulting in first-stage fetus growing in the boles of the trees.  The humanoid form is pretty much sentient fruit with legs, although one of my players (after being creeped out by babies growing in trees) said I'd turned them into space elves.

Not that I have anything to base those ideas on, but hey, it's better than raping deformed mole people.

-Pax

SM

SM

Ijust checked and the original RPG info on Arcturians was used in this rpg as well.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Just Military banter.

Nothing more or less.

The "the one you had was male", type statements are nothing to read into to much, just another Joe accusing him of screwing a dude, or an ugly chick.

Just another colony. There were there for a while and got laid. Nuff said.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Male to female sex operations are performed today - so in the future with technological advancements it's not unreasonable to suggest they will continue.

In fact, it's pretty obviously implied that Arcturians are just colonists.

The marines, however, are implied to have encountered alien species before (ie: "is this going to be a stand-up fight sir, or another bug hunt?").

SM

SM

How exactly is it "obviously implied" the Arcturians are colonists?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 10, 2007, 09:25:03 PM
How exactly is it "obviously implied" the Arcturians are colonists?

Just the general gist of the conversation.

SM

SM

The "one you had was male" and "it don't matter if it's Arcturian" implies otherwise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed