6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Feb 17, 2008, 10:48:42 AM

Author
strength (Read 16,030 times)

happypred

happypred

Yeah I guess it's hard to say

from AvP-R I'd say predators are stronger...but then that's just Wolf, who is supposed to be elite

In AvP, it was pretty even.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Milan on Feb 15, 2008, 03:20:07 PM
when it comes to strenght I see them as the comic versions of
spiderman and Venom.
Alien=spiderman, Venom=Predator

:-X,
more like alien=venom and predator=spiderman, cause that means the predator/spiderman had to outsmart and out-do the alien/venom...

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: happypred on Feb 16, 2008, 03:55:50 AM
Yeah I guess it's hard to say

from AvP-R I'd say predators are stronger...but then that's just Wolf, who is supposed to be elite

In AvP, it was pretty even.

totally disagree with you there. wolf didnt do anything that any predator couldnt have done. those aliens were just exceptionally weak and stupid. case and point: grid was grabbed by the neck and it didnt do shit. the aliens from avp-r were grabbed by the neck and were totally helpless.

thank the idiot BS for that inconsistancy.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quotetotally disagree with you there. wolf didnt do anything that any predator couldnt have done. those aliens were just exceptionally weak and stupid. case and point: grid was grabbed by the neck and it didnt do shit. the aliens from avp-r were grabbed by the neck and were totally helpless.

thank the idiot BS for that inconsistancy.

i wonder if any of the aliens did pot before fighting wolf, cause alot of them were docile as....

Milan

Milan

I can't really say who's the strongest one,
My impressision from the movies makes them near equal,
but then again we haven't seen the predator doing so much out off pure strenght,
Like lifting a truck and throwing it away, all we know is that they are much stronger than humans.
And as I said before in a fight it wouldn't matter that much.
And why a put the alien as spiderman was because spiderman doesn't have the raw force that Venom has and Spiderman couldn't stand a chance tradeing blow for blow with Venom.
So the alien need to confuse the Predator useing the element off surpise to get the upperhand,
Once the predator is thrown out his game he would be a easy target.

brain_damage

brain_damage

predators are weak if Aliens sneak upon them...But nothing can sneak upon Aliens...
Again it  is a matter of technology. Predators are dead without them, and with them, Aliens die so...it is tie for me

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: brain_damage on Feb 17, 2008, 11:21:45 AM
nothing can sneak upon Aliens...

What about the alien in the pool...or the sport store? Wolf killed them both from behind before they even knew he was there. Being able to sneak up on a victim doesn't prove physical strength.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 17, 2008, 01:18:58 PM

What about the alien in the pool...or the sport store? Wolf killed them both from behind before they even knew he was there. Being able to sneak up on a victim doesn't prove physical strength.

What about the scene in alien in the end, when Ripley notices that the alien is with her in the space shuttle,
It looked to me that ripley was able to sneak around alittle without the alien noticeing her.
But your right it doesn't have anything to do with strenght.

Cromartie

Cromartie

we wont know what both species limits are untill we see both trying to do something that requires strength and they fail.

Weasel

Weasel

Predator, generally. Xenomorphs have great tail strength, but I doubt they have the lifting capabilities of a predator.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

AlienĀ³ shows that they can leap out of what was literally tons of molten lead. It would take extraordinary muscular power to do that. Predator 2 shows us that Predators are tough to put down with firepower and above-average in strength, but not that they can pull off a feat such as that.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Weasel on Feb 28, 2008, 11:36:12 PM
Predator, generally. Xenomorphs have great tail strength, but I doubt they have the lifting capabilities of a predator.

They lift people up with out ant struggle or effort, so I'm sure they can match the preds lifting capabilities.

OxygenNarcotic

OxygenNarcotic

QuoteIf you want another reason well here is one. In aliens when the alien grabs the female marine and clims up a wall and carries her at the same time. A predator needs a rope thing to carry his prey to a elevated position.

LoL even with carrying in a rope the body, its mass doesent go away... it just might be easier to carry upwards... so it still will have weight.

i would say that predators and aliens are quite equal in strenght but this is matter of the predator cos they might have diffrent strenght from exercise as the aliens grow to be the strenght that they are, havent seen one in a gym yet nor i see how it could produce more mass as its skin seems to be hard and doesent stretch out.

The steel door bashing doesent display creatures strenght but its hard headcover. mass and speed equals quite an blow to the door if the head can take the hit. No "strenght" needed unless the alien rips the door off.

Quotei wonder if any of the aliens did pot before fighting wolf, cause alot of them were docile as....

They might been so docile because the predalien was the ruler and didnt want to kill Wolf so the aliens didnt have permission to kill or hurt him, only to distract or make him unable to move and fight, saved him for later use.

As the predAlien, it is way more stronger than predator even buffed and gym sized one. Overpowered.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Quote from: Milan on Feb 17, 2008, 03:32:05 PM
Quote from: Stalker on Feb 17, 2008, 01:18:58 PM

What about the scene in alien in the end, when Ripley notices that the alien is with her in the space shuttle,
It looked to me that ripley was able to sneak around alittle without the alien noticeing her.
But your right it doesn't have anything to do with strenght.
that xeno was sleeping or transforming. that does not count.

alien in the pool was busy headbitting. Gill predator was killed by the alien that sneak upon him so...they are even. Aliens are stronger. they don't go to gym and pump their selves

Stalker

Stalker

Sleeping or transforming? That makes absolutely no sense. One alien was eating its victim, the other was about to attack the human characters, & Wolf ambushed them both. This has nothing to do with strength anyway.

The fact that predators build up their muscles physically doesn't prove anything either, since they are obviously naturally far stronger than humans, & we have seen them overpower aliens on several occasions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed