Alien Origin (speculations)

Started by Valerios, Feb 14, 2008, 09:51:25 PM

Author
Alien Origin (speculations) (Read 2,499 times)

Valerios

Valerios

Aliens needs a host to duplicate/reproduct ...so how the very first egg existed? i mean if aliens dont reproduct as normal life forms how they are evolved? by casual host-dna selection? their heritage of genes how can it be so pure and not mixed with genes from other weak creatures? how do you think the "good" gene was passed to successive generations allowing the specie to evolve better?  Natural selection ? random mutations, that they proved beneficial ? isnt a little bit convenient? Predator without his weapons and infra-red mask is just an other wwf wrestler

stephen

stephen

My take:

QuoteI like the idea of aliens being a genetically engineered bioweapon.

I think it fits in nicely because in all alien films humans are after them for exactly that purpose and they continually get wiped out.  They're after the aliens for a bioweapon without realising that they already are one.

Also I've noticed some similarties between the aliens and predators.

Aliens have Acid for blood - predators have a weapon that fuses and quarterizes the wound minimising the spray of blood.

Aliens can't be seen in infrared - predators see in infrared and have a mask that alters their vision.

The aliens don't have eyes - the predators camoflauge is only good against enemies using sight

My conclusion (and you can read my avsp fan fic if you like)

The space jockeys created the aliens as a bioweapon SPECIFICALLY to kill the predators.  Perhaps they were at war with the predators.

The predators had camoflauge mechanism and so the space jockeys created the aliens so they didn't rely on sight. They also created them so they can't be seen in infrared.

Over time - possibly hundreds of years, the predators developed techniques to combat the aliens.  The mask that changes their vision spectrum so they can see the aliens.  The plasma caster that fuses and quarterises the wound etc.

As this war raged on and on over hundreds of years, the predators became more and more violent, and war like.  They basically had to become that way so they could combat the aliens.  Eventually, their entire society and culture reflects the way we know them now.

In essence - they are both created by eachother.

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

Quote from: stephen on Feb 14, 2008, 11:10:36 PM
My take:

I think it fits in nicely because in all alien films humans are after them for exactly that purpose and they continually get wiped out.  They're after the aliens for a bioweapon without realising that they already are one.

Aliens have Acid for blood - predators have a weapon that fuses and quarterizes the wound minimising the spray of blood.

Aliens can't be seen in infrared - predators see in infrared and have a mask that alters their vision.

The aliens don't have eyes - the predators camoflauge is only good against enemies using sight

The space jockeys created the aliens as a bioweapon SPECIFICALLY to kill the predators.  Perhaps they were at war with the predators.

The predators had camoflauge mechanism and so the space jockeys created the aliens so they didn't rely on sight. They also created them so they can't be seen in infrared.

Over time - possibly hundreds of years, the predators developed techniques to combat the aliens.  The mask that changes their vision spectrum so they can see the aliens.  The plasma caster that fuses and quarterises the wound etc.

As this war raged on and on over hundreds of years, the predators became more and more violent, and war like.  They basically had to become that way so they could combat the aliens.  Eventually, their entire society and culture reflects the way we know them now.

the space jockies died out long before the predators ever existed. about 1.6 billion BC

stephen

stephen

According to what???  a comic book?

I consider that non canon.

I'm talking about from purely a movie point of view - with only the movies as canon.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: stephen on Feb 15, 2008, 02:33:34 AM
According to what???  a comic book?

I consider that non canon.

I'm talking about from purely a movie point of view - with only the movies as canon.
i fail to see any facts that predators were at war with the Jockies

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Wolfpred on Feb 15, 2008, 02:26:54 AM
Quote from: stephen on Feb 14, 2008, 11:10:36 PM
My take:

the space jockies died out long before the predators ever existed. about 1.6 billion BC

well he must have been smoking some crack right there.

SM

SM

Quotei fail to see any facts that predators were at war with the Jockies

Or that the Jockies created the Aliens to fight them.

stephen

stephen

I apologise - you're absolutely right.

What I meant was that when I come up with my theory and/or idea for the backstory - I only took information from the movies to aid in my speculations.  My idea is NOT canon and I'm not trying to say it is.  It is purely me speculating on the origins of the species.

What I meant in my response to the post about the Jockies being dead long before the predators came on the scene is that that information has come from a different medium then the films.

There are NO facts in the films that the SJ were at war with the Predators nor are there any facts that the SJ bioengineered the aliens.  I Know that.  I never tried to say otherwise.

I answered this thread according to the title of the thread which is "Alien Origin (Speculations)".

Sorry for any confusion.

Valerios

Valerios

thanks stephen...but i dont like the idea that someone can create out of nothing an organism, to elaborate and develop out of nothing a multimillion cells complex creature is ultra sci-fi... i believe that the space jockey issue was created in the 90's to fill the gaps that left the original 1979 film in the reproductive system and all the faults of the aliens... so the concept that  in the novels the Space Jockey's race are shown to be malevolent, and have used the Xenomorphs as a weapon to kill all life on Earth so they can take is i little immature, a simple RetroVirus  HIV-style (aids) can do the job and the only precaution would be the creating of an effective vaccination, not necessary to create a creature that in the end you lose control of it...(a fact that undervaluates the potentials of the so  called  Gene-Master Ultra-Biologist Alien-Creator space jockey, could just add an obbey gene? )The concept that Alien eggs would be used as "bombs" on an enemy planet and then the Xenomorphs would proceed to kill the entire population as they spawned is out of the question, think the funds and time needed to create 1.000.000 eggs, load them in, lets say , 150  B-52s (1 for every nation aprox) and attack hoping that not even one plane would be shoot down before the load drop and after you must wipe-out every single alien with what? nukes?

Russian_Predator

Space Jockey found them and one of them killed him. All is here. Speculations of artificial origin don't like me.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Russian_Predator on Feb 15, 2008, 12:12:07 PM
Space Jockey found them and one of them killed him. All is here. Speculations of artificial origin don't like me.
Those dastardly speculations!

Valerios

Valerios

Necronoir!  ;D

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Russian_Predator on Feb 15, 2008, 12:12:07 PM

I applaud your desire to contribute to this site, and I hope you continue to do so

but are your using a program to translate your Russian to English?

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: stephen on Feb 15, 2008, 05:03:38 AM
My idea is NOT canon and I'm not trying to say it is.  It is purely me speculating on the origins of the species.
oh i openly know your not being canon im justing shooting you down ;D

nothing personal.

Russian_Predator

Russian_Predator

Quote from: happypred on Feb 16, 2008, 04:03:35 AM
but are your using a program to translate your Russian to English?

[offtop]I have seen one movie on English and about 50% understood, fast English talking is something terrible for me[/offtop]  :-\

I don't understand why Space Jockey associated with Aliens as creator in some theories. And Aliens as bioweapon are doubtful, because deadly virus as bioweapon is more effective than difficult parasitic lifeform...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed