Why predator vs termantor can't happen

Started by Celtic_pred, Jan 26, 2008, 11:06:44 PM

Author
Why predator vs termantor can't happen (Read 12,515 times)

XenoVC

This idea IS f**kING STUPID,alien and predator and terminator would forever be pissed on

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: XenoVC on Feb 04, 2008, 12:59:33 AM
This idea IS f**kING STUPID,alien and predator and terminator would forever be pissed on

Seconded. If they can't come up with good ideas, they can start fresh with a new movie monster. I'd like to stop seeing them dragging the classics through the mud.

Huol

Quote from: bonafide1498 on Jan 31, 2008, 03:22:39 PM
This whole concept is so F**ing gay its unbelieveable. Its not a fight so why would they make anything with this idea? The predator would cloak, one shot, one kill. Any questions?  8)

Terminators aren't THAT easy to destroy. They have Terminators that can transform into anything its size (So that means a Pred) not to mention the many weapons they could form. I don't wanna debate about it I just want to make it clear to those who've never seen a Terminator film.
[/quote]

They can't form weapons.

Only "knives and stabbing weapons."

ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust

while were on the terminator subject why did the TX hav an endoskeleton ? wasnt that a step backward from the t1000

Commander Aun

It was an exoskeleton covered with the T-1000s liquid. A hybrid of the two previous designs, essentialy.

ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust

Quote from: Commander Aun on Feb 22, 2008, 07:33:46 PM
It was an exoskeleton covered with the T-1000s liquid. A hybrid of the two previous designs, essentialy.
yes true but doesnt having a solid body make it significantly weaker than a pure liquid metal

Commander Aun

It has a solid exoskeleton surrounded by the liquid metal from the T-1000.

ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust

Quote from: Commander Aun on Feb 22, 2008, 07:56:33 PM
It has a solid exoskeleton surrounded by the liquid metal from the T-1000.
ure missing the point read my comments again

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: ziggysawdust on Feb 22, 2008, 07:15:00 PM
while were on the terminator subject why did the TX hav an endoskeleton ? wasnt that a step backward from the t1000

The endo was so that the TX could have on-board weaponry.  Instead of just sharp edges, it has plasma cannons, buzzsaws, flamethrowers, and all that jazz.

marrerom

neither alien or predator would stand a chance against a terminator...maybe if the alien got all its blood on the robot but that thats the only way it would win.

Space Disc Jockey

The idea of a Terminator vs. Predator story is not stupid at all. I think it's a really cool concept.

In my opinion, I think it would just work as a comic book/graphic novel or just a paperback novel. I have thought about writing a Terminator vs. Predator fan-fiction story. No, I will not use the Arnold character, but I think a Terminator vs. Predator story could be interesting.

b-raz

b-raz

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 24, 2008, 07:56:08 AM
neither alien or predator would stand a chance against a terminator...maybe if the alien got all its blood on the robot but that thats the only way it would win.

A Predator could beat a Terminator. Predators alloys>>>Terminators skeleton, their wristblades or spear would slice right through them, plasma weaponry has proven to be quite effective against them which the Predator is notorious for. An Alien however probably wouldnt win though, unless the Terminator wasnt armed, then Idunno.

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Feb 24, 2008, 09:35:46 PM
The idea of a Terminator vs. Predator story is not stupid at all. I think it's a really cool concept.

In my opinion, I think it would just work as a comic book/graphic novel or just a paperback novel. I have thought about writing a Terminator vs. Predator fan-fiction story. No, I will not use the Arnold character, but I think a Terminator vs. Predator story could be interesting.

Agreed, I think it would be cool. I don't get why everyone thinks that would be stupid.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: b-raz on Feb 26, 2008, 05:58:56 AM
Agreed, I think it would be cool. I don't get why everyone thinks that would be stupid.
It just is.

QuotePredators alloys>>>Terminators skeleton, their wristblades or spear would slice right through them
Pred alloys are still just metal...how do you propose the Pred actually does the cutting?  There's no way you're cutting through six inches of hyperalloy with wristblades.  You still need a certain amount of force to cut metal, and muscles aren't gonna do the job.

Go get a good knife and a brick.  The metal of the knife is inherently stronger than the brick's material, right?  Try slicing that brick in half.

b-raz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 26, 2008, 06:21:49 AM
Quote from: b-raz on Feb 26, 2008, 05:58:56 AM
It just is.

QuotePredators alloys>>>Terminators skeleton, their wristblades or spear would slice right through them
Pred alloys are still just metal...how do you propose the Pred actually does the cutting?  There's no way you're cutting through six inches of hyperalloy with wristblades.  You still need a certain amount of force to cut metal, and muscles aren't gonna do the job.

Go get a good knife and a brick.  The metal of the knife is inherently stronger than the brick's material, right?  Try slicing that brick in half.

Okay, well I coulda thought of that.  ::) Guess thats why u have a Terminator avy then, huh?  :D And theyre not just metal, theyre nigh-indestructible alloys forged on another planet in a sci fi world that dont even register on our periodic tables. And Terminators arent 6 inches of solid titanium/tungston or w/e. They're about 2-3 inches thick in some places, then down a little more until u hit another metal part. They're like a skeleton. And read the Predator comics, Wristblades slice right through 2 inches thick of solid steel tank armor quite easily, not to mention jail bars, huge steel doors etc.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: b-raz on Feb 26, 2008, 05:29:57 PM
theyre not just metal, theyre nigh-indestructible alloys forged on another planet in a sci fi world that dont even register on our periodic tables.
That doesn't change anything.  They could be adamantium, but you still need force to cut through other thick materials.

QuoteAnd Terminators arent 6 inches of solid titanium/tungston or w/e.
Hyperalloy, as I said.  Or if you go by SCC, they're made from coltan.

QuoteThey're like a skeleton.
Only in certain areas.  In others, they are thicker.  Not to mention, they aren't about to stand still while a Pred tries to disect them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed