A/P Movies That Had Non-Alien and Non-Predator Movie Homages

Started by Biomechanoid, Jan 18, 2008, 03:59:22 AM

Author
A/P Movies That Had Non-Alien and Non-Predator Movie Homages (Read 2,063 times)

Biomechanoid

In Alien Resurrection, Ron Pearlman was up on a scaffold holding his knife to aim it's drop into the wheelchair guy's leg. After the knife stuck into his leg, Pearlman started acting like an ape/caveman or something of that visual movement. This was the exact same scene he portrayed in the movie Quest For Fire where he played a caveman up on a cliff aiming a rock to drop on another unfortunate caveman's head as a practical joke. When the rock found it's mark, Pearlman did the same performance of primate glee as he did in Alien Resurrection. I would be willing to bet Pearlman suggested to the AR director to allow him to do that as homage to Quest for Fire. (btw, I didn't catch that little connection gem, an imdb member did).

Anyone know of any homages the Alien, Predator, or AVP movies had, please serve up any other connections to movies that were not within these series. We all know the Alien and Predator series have homages within their universe like the skinned bodies and alien trophy skull, etc. I am looking for A/P movie revealing homages to no A/P movies. I love these type of little factoids and want to know if there are more.

Uncanny Antman

Only one I can think of off the top of my head would be that there was a Blade Runner VidPhon in the hanger of the Sulaco, but someone covered up the nameplate when actual shooting commenced, so I guess it don't really count.

Ratchetcomand

The water scene with Newt in Aliens is a Homage from Jaws.

SM

Christie's Taxi Driver guns.

Weasel

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Feb 25, 2008, 01:26:32 AM

What? No way. Water doesn't=Jaws.

We should make a reverse thread in which other shows use A/P

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Weasel on Feb 27, 2008, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Feb 25, 2008, 01:26:32 AM

What? No way. Water doesn't=Jaws.

That scene was similar to when the Shark rise up from the water in Jaws (The first one).

Another Himage i notice in A: R was when Leland Orser has "crazed convulsions" when the Alien is about to burst out of his chest, similar to what his character experiences in Se7en.

Ratchetcomand

There also a non A/P homage in AVPR. When the Predalien gets his tongue cut off by the Predator it is like the Black Knight getting his limbs cut off in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Aeus

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 26, 2008, 06:04:56 PM
There also a non A/P homage in AVPR. When the Predalien gets his tongue cut off by the Predator it is like the Black Knight getting his limbs cut off in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Lolabitofastretchdon'tyahthink?

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Aeus on Apr 27, 2008, 06:06:52 PM

I had no clue what just said?

severen76

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 28, 2008, 12:50:51 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Apr 27, 2008, 06:06:52 PM

I had no clue what just said?

...Allow me to translate....

Lol a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

Ratchetcomand

^Which means?

Back on topic. Another Homage i notice was in Aliens. You notice that the MedLab door open/close sound effect is the travel pod door open/close sound effect from 2001: A Space Odyssey and 2010: Odyssey Two.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed