Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 647,843 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Thanks to the Colonial Marines game's great weapons customization, I've been on a kick making customs for my Neca figs.

Vark_

Vark_

Damn sweet !!
Too bad such variants didn't appear on screen, weapon customization to the operator's liking is a current thing nowadays.
You catched it well Sabres, nice job.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

"So move slowly Winter. Near as I can tell, they're attracted to sound. If one comes near you...stand perfectly still."

Winter: "...damn man, you didn't tell me those guys exploded!"
O'Neal: "Uh...they exploded?"

windebieste

windebieste

Nice.  That's really cool regardless how dodgy the game was.

You might like to add this dialogue, though. 

I always loved this .gif:

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 02, 2016, 11:32:19 AM
Nice.  That's really cool regardless how dodgy the game was.

You might like to add this dialogue, though. 

I always loved this .gif:

http://i.imgur.com/E0h4zKp.gif

-Windebieste.
I can imagine test footage of Bolaji fully suited-up as the Alien prowling the ship's corridors looking like that.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

"Micro changes in air density, my ass."

"Mr. Weyland will be very pleased with these specimens."

"The eggs are all loaded sir."
"Good...let's get this corporate idiot on ice. Weyland will want the embryo."

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, that shot of Ripley and Jones is sooo good.  It just needs a little less lighting to push the Alien into the background a little more and add some finish to the mood.

Here, hope you don't mind.  I did some color adjustment, contrast touch up and cropped it to a tighter composition.  It's such a cool image no matter what you do with it. 

-Windebieste.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Thanks dude. Looks great.

windebieste

windebieste

Well, it's a serviceable treatment of your photo for the purpose of illustrating a concept.  You had a great set up with Ripley not looking very confident in the reliability of the MT and Jones performing a much better job at detecting the Alien.  Wow.  It's just a fantastic little narrative you got happening there.  Such simple placement of the figures and yet such a powerful sense of unknown outcome.  Will Ripley turn in time to use the flame thrower once she's aware of why Jones is arching his back? ...or will the Alien take her as its next victim..?  Interpreting the next couple of seconds is where the real strength of the image lies.  This confrontation could go either way.

All I've really done is tone down the presence of the the Alien and I think I've been a little too heavy handed with the contrast.  The Alien always looks so cool when you can just discern its form in the darkness, when its surfaces are highlighted so can just pick out the shape against a black background.  The Alien is often most powerful when we see little of it.  It's one of Scott's philosophies that makes its presence in the first movie so enthralling. 

Anyway, love your work.  This was too irresistible to ignore to demonstrate how sometimes less is more. 

-Windebieste.

Jin Saotome

Jin Saotome

Straight out of the Alien vs Predator Extinction video game comes the terrifying Carrier Alien and this week I've brought him to you in custom form! This custom was created from a basic NECA xenomorph, Superior Venom back tendrils, halloween skeletal bat wings on ball joints, a newly sculpted head and various armored parts from a Joyride Halo Covenant Drone. In the game Facehuggers scurry about the Carrier Alien's spines and I've included three here. One creepy yellowish-green paint job later and Carrier was ready to spread the facehugging love.

For more pics here's a link full of them: Carrier Alien custom figure

serbip1

serbip1

Quote from: Jin Saotome on Oct 27, 2016, 11:49:35 PM

Straight out of the Alien vs Predator Extinction video game comes the terrifying Carrier Alien and this week I've brought him to you in custom form! This custom was created from a basic NECA xenomorph, Superior Venom back tendrils, halloween skeletal bat wings on ball joints, a newly sculpted head and various armored parts from a Joyride Halo Covenant Drone. In the game Facehuggers scurry about the Carrier Alien's spines and I've included three here. One creepy yellowish-green paint job later and Carrier was ready to spread the facehugging love.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys2/CarrierAlien_001.JPG

This looks sick

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jin Saotome on Oct 27, 2016, 11:49:35 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys2/CarrierAlien_001.JPG

That is all sorts of badass! I love it! Nice work!

pat382

pat382

This is my female predator vinyl kit kit I made the lance, the shoulder barrel and the blades added

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

So if anyone was wondering about heads for their USCM grunts I found some more to scale heads that will work with some modification.
Mcfarlanes "Color Top" series. These are made from Abraham, Daryl, and Rick from The Walking Dead part of the line.

Corporal Hicks

They work really well! That's a good find.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed