Started by nukem11, Jan 15, 2008, 12:29:41 AM

Did you like it

yes
145 (96%)
no
6 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
Did you like Predator 2 (Read 17,922 times)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

What is the NC17 version?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The first cut of the film submitted to the MPAA was given an NC-17 rating, and it was supposedly cut quite a bit to get it down to R.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 27, 2017, 08:03:48 PM
Willy's death doesn't need to be extended. The editing works brilliantly as it is. To have some more violent version where you actually see them fight would completely ruin the effect.

I really doubt that's one of the scenes they cut.

Agreed. It's basically the Billy death, but with smoother editing and a better pay off. Great scene.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I honestly really like Predator 2. It's not as good as the first but it was still a fun movie with some pretty great kill scenes.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I always adored the gang war torn L.A, the heatwave scarring the city, everybody's sweaty and nervous, this movie has a "hysterical/stressful" atmosphere that work wonders IMO. It was perfect for a predator movie, and even though technically speaking the movie wasn't perfect at all, it still had some great directed scenes and excellent stuff added to the myhtology.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

L.A. gang wars in the 90's was an awesome setting for P2.  I can relate to the era of P2 better than P1, so maybe that is the primary reason but P2 is still my favorite.

The mystery from P1 was really opened up with P2, from behavior to diet and hunting patterns.  Not just a gore fest, it was interesting to learn about the mysterious creature from the first film.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Dec 08, 2017, 06:48:48 PM
L.A. gang wars in the 90's was an awesome setting for P2.  I can relate to the era of P2 better than P1, so maybe that is the primary reason but P2 is still my favorite.

The mystery from P1 was really opened up with P2, from behavior to diet and hunting patterns.  Not just a gore fest, it was interesting to learn about the mysterious creature from the first film.

Exactly, we learned more of predator culture but without seeing too much either, just enough to tease us in the best way possible. And City Hunter was a f**king beast ! Reckless as f**k (probably too much lol) but a beast nonetheless !

PsyKore

PsyKore

I remember hearing that City Hunter was intended to be a younger somewhat more inexperienced hunter, hence why he was more reckless. But I dunno if someone just made that up.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I've actually heard it go both ways. I've always preferred the idea that CH was a younger Predator. Just because of how eager he is to engage larger groups. He's a lot more show-y and cocksure of himself.

SiL

SiL

Kevin Peter Hall described him as a bad blood who doesn't hunt by the rules.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2017, 07:56:50 PM
The first cut of the film submitted to the MPAA was given an NC-17 rating, and it was supposedly cut quite a bit to get it down to R.

I heard there were some small cuts, I would pay good money for a uncut Predator 2. We should petition Fox to do it. I bet it would sell vary good on blu ray.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: bleau on Dec 11, 2017, 11:57:56 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2017, 07:56:50 PM

I heard there were some small cuts, I would pay good money for a uncut Predator 2. We should petition Fox to do it. I bet it would sell vary good on blu ray.

Hell, i'll sign it !

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm pretty sure there's already a petition for it on the web somewhere.

I doubt there's enough general interest in the second film for it to ever happen though.

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger

Love it ... almost as much as the original.  And I'm fiercely defensive over it, especially when predators was being promoted and RR was shitting all over it.  It's a logical progression, adds to the mythos, has a likable enough of a cast ... especially compared to subsequent films (AVP, AVPR, Preds).  To me one of the all time underrated sequels.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheLoneRanger on Jul 04, 2018, 03:40:03 AM
Love it ... almost as much as the original.  And I'm fiercely defensive over it, especially when predators was being promoted and RR was shitting all over it.  It's a logical progression, adds to the mythos, has a likable enough of a cast ... especially compared to subsequent films (AVP, AVPR, Preds).  To me one of the all time underrated sequels.

Couldn't agree more. I'm always surprised that not much people blamed Rodriguez for doing that... Over pretentious and not that talented guy, but he was knighted by Tarantino so i guess it's enough for a lot of people lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed