Started by nukem11, Jan 15, 2008, 12:29:41 AM

Did you like it

yes
145 (96%)
no
6 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
Did you like Predator 2 (Read 17,941 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

I doubt it will ever be released.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Loved Predator 2! Especially for expending on the predator mythos. A very different movie to the first, but just as good IMO. Not a perfect movie, but I think it gets more hate than it deserves.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 26, 2017, 12:04:55 PM
I think it gets more hate than it deserves.

Totally agree

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love Predator 2 as well. I can understand how at the time it wasn't what people may have been expecting from Predator 2 but I enjoy they went elsewhere with it. Loved the creature design and the expanding of the Predator mythos.

It's a shame we still haven't seen that NC17 cut of the film but I think it's unlikely that'll ever happen. Unless they surprise us with a release during The Predator promotion machine. That'd be pretty nice.

D88M

D88M

I love it, is as good as the first one, the problem is that the direction is cheaper and weaker, if McTiernan had directed it would be as much of as a classic as the previous one, but is a good non stop fun movie

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: D88M on Nov 27, 2017, 10:05:31 AM...the problem is that the direction is cheaper and weaker...

While for the most part I agree with that sentiment, there are a couple of scenes where Hopkins' direction is absolutely superb. The scene where the Predator kills King Willy, for instance. I honestly think, from a pure directing point of view, that might be better than anything in the first movie.

As for the extended cut argument, I've been saving for years it's one I really want, but like several of the others that top my list for that, I honestly don't think it's a film with either enough mass appeal or cult value for it to ever happen.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It would be so cool to see the NC 17 version ! I think it will never happen though. But imagine scenes like King Willy's demise in more depth, something tells me that the censored version contain a lot gorier version of this one...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Willy's death doesn't need to be extended. The editing works brilliantly as it is. To have some more violent version where you actually see them fight would completely ruin the effect.

I really doubt that's one of the scenes they cut.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Isn't there two versions of the apartment slaughter?

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 27, 2017, 07:51:15 PM
It would be so cool to see the NC 17 version ! I think it will never happen though. But imagine scenes like King Willy's demise in more depth, something tells me that the censored version contain a lot gorier version of this one...

I was really disappointed we didn't get to see the whole King Willy sword fight, something scary and fun King Willy deserved better. 

Scorpio

Scorpio

I doubt King Willy lasted 2 seconds.

The Hanzo/Falconer sword fight is pretty bad so maybe better they didn't show it.

Stephen Hopkins is a pretty good director.  I like Nightmare 5, Blown Away and Lost in Space by Hopkins too.  Has a very over the top visual style.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 01, 2017, 08:46:07 PM
I doubt King Willy lasted 2 seconds.

The Hanzo/Falconer sword fight is pretty bad so maybe better they didn't show it.

Stephen Hopkins is a pretty good director.  I like Nightmare 5, Blown Away and Lost in Space by Hopkins too.  Has a very over the top visual style.

I like Stephen Hopkins. Shame we don't hear much of him nowadays except for tv stuff. Always loved Blown Away, The Reaping, The Ghost & The Darkness.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Yeah I haven't seen Ghost in the Darkness in a long time and The Reaping I haven't seen yet.

Good to see another fan of Blown Away.  Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges are really good in that.  They don't make those kind of thrillers any more.

Username-Unavailable

Yeah but it's kind of garbage. The best parts are probably the expansions of Predator mythology and the portrayal of Los Angeles as a hellish cesspit ruled by criminals.

monkeylove

monkeylove

It was OK.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed