Show Off YOUR Hot Toys!

Started by AdamBombOi, Jan 13, 2008, 07:39:37 AM

Author
Show Off YOUR Hot Toys! (Read 5,695 times)

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

Now, I was thumbing through a thread, that wasn't about Hot Toys, but did have a bit of Hot Toys bashing. I've been away from the board for a few days, but I had to come back and show, as best as I can, how IMPRESSIVE Hot Toys' Predators truly are. I'm not sure if the assembly that turns certain people off, or the prices (which reflect the QUALITY) - but I'm not buying the, "they're fragile, that's what I hear so I don't want them," excuse. These are NOT toys, they are NOT action figures, they are simply what the box says, fully poseable 14" models. They are meant to be put up, not touched, and just admired. Yes, if you pick them up, and throw them, or drop them, or are just flat out careless, THEY WILL BREAK!

With that said, onto my pictures!

And my favorite picture I've taken of the P2 Elder:

Now, show me yours!

gofourindian

gofourindian

Awesome set-up you have there! I love that Pred 2 Elder. That's one of the best HT's has released!

ridetofight

ridetofight

nice set up, brother. i've got chopper, the blister ancient elder, standard pred 2, and pred 2 elder, with hicks, apone, drake, and hudson for marines. i bought an aquarium, cut out some plywood for a top, and stuck those "stick n click" lights on it to light each figure - i like your set up better. you should get them in a case if you can, i'd hate to ever get these things dusty. if you preordered wolf and the BD pred2, take some pictures when you get them. i had them on preorder, but cancelled them in favor of the older HT vietnam navy seals.

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

No worries man! I had them in a Plexy Glass box case, and yesterday I took them out because I finally bought a Curio display cabinet that I'm picking up tommorow! WOOOO!

So, they're only sitting out last night when I took the pics, and today. Plus, they're in my bedroom, which I basically never go into anymore.

And I did preorder Wolf! I would have with the BD P2, but I already bought the regular version, and I'm fine with that. I just REALLY wish they'd release some more info on the original Predator they announced they'd be making this year. I'm dying for proto pictures!!!

Agen

Agen

My HT predator.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hate their AvP stuff. The Chopper mask is awful, the Aliens are hideous.

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

Actually, the last pic with the Alien in it convinced me to pick one up sometime.

I do agree about Chopper's mask, I don't understand why Hot Toys made his helmet a copperish color, and the visor black. But, it's whatever. If I do end up buying a Chopper, it'll be used, and pre-assembled like my Scar was, I've heard too many stories of how hard the AVP Preds were to put together, and I'll have some re-paint the helmet.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

ALIENS Snap Kit:

AVP Snap Kit:

AVP alien:

ALIENS alien:

ALIENS Marines:

T2 Endoskeleton:

Power Loader:

Group shot:

More coming soon.

ridetofight

ridetofight

don't even get me started on the predator 1 figures... i just hope they space out the release of the alien hunter and dutch's crew a bit, i can afford $150 every couple months, but if its one predator and 2 figures at once, i'm gonna shit. cus you probably know as well as i do - if you don't preorder these, you're gonna miss the boat. esp. with predator 1 figures. come to think of it, i'm dreading it almost as much as i'm looking forward to it. i think the earliest we'll see pics or specs or hear anything is at least a couple months after the predalien... which means another 6 months? ouuuuch.

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

Oh yeah, no doubt, YOU HAVE TO PREORDER. I got lucky on my first one, the P2, because a comic shop upstate got one in, and put it on ebay with a buy it now... and the owner called and told me.

I can wait six months, I don't want to... but the last couple of months, my wallet has taken a beating. Oh well though, Ramen is alright. ;)

- and Facebox, that T2 is BAAAAAAAAAD!!!

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2008, 07:38:43 PM
I hate their AvP stuff. The Chopper mask is awful, the Aliens are hideous.
Actually, the Chopper mask is accurate to the one used in the film, except it should be silver. What do expect from an inferior Alien design? Anyway, even SiL likes the Hot Toys AVP Alien, which is very surprising to say the least.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh God, even the AvP snapkits are awful! Thank God for the Aliens one though. I think if I've got money left after the concept art/storyboards I've brought this month I'll get it.

Horhey

Horhey

The P2 Pred, the Drones, and the Colonial Marines look the best imo. I dont care for their AVP stuff. Im gonna have to buy that P2 Pred and Endoskeleton to go with my Sgt. Kyle Reese figure now. Wow.

I want a HT Alien Queen next.

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

Quote from: Horhey on Jan 15, 2008, 03:54:24 PM
The P2 Pred, the Drones, and the Colonial Marines look the best imo. I dont care for their AVP stuff. Im gonna have to buy that P2 Pred and Endoskeleton to go with my Sgt. Kyle Reese figure now. Wow.

I want a HT Alien Queen next.

I believe they've announced it being in the works, to scale it should be around 2 feet tall!

ridetofight

ridetofight

all they've officially said about a queen is something to the effect of "due to the high interest demonstrated by collectors, we are re-assessing the possibility of producing an alien queen." hot toys has demonstrated to US that they're 100% about their fanbase and making them happy, so i'd say theres a damn good chance, especially after the success of the power loader (people WILL buy a huge sixth scale figure for a huge sum of money). but then again, the statement also gives them an easy out. i know i won't buy one, but i'd like to see it made all the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed