Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 848,820 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Just ordered the 3D Blu-ray of Prometheus from Amazon. It's down to £7 now and I consider that acceptable given that all I'm really interested in is the Furious Gods making-of.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well worth it for £7. It's a nice big documentary. Been meaning to watch it again recently.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's pretty much the only reason I'm buying. Lauzirika's work on the Alien movies is superb, some of the best making-ofs I've ever watched. I'm interested to see what he can do when he's with the project from the ground up.

Oh yeah ,the deleted scenes too. I've seen most of them already, but not in good quality.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 19, 2015, 10:19:35 AM
It's pretty much the only reason I'm buying. Lauzirika's work on the Alien movies is superb, some of the best making-ofs I've ever watched. I'm interested to see what he can do when he's with the project from the ground up.

I've yet to watch something as impressive!

QuoteOh yeah ,the deleted scenes too. I've seen most of them already, but not in good quality.

Can't say I found them very interesting.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2015, 10:32:22 AMCan't say I found them very interesting.

I do confess to really liking the scene where Idris Elba tells Charlize Theron that story about when he was in the military. It actually would've helped to explain why he suddenly decides to kamikaze the ship at the end of the film, and was just a well-acted scene. Disappointed it got cut.

There's also a couple I've never seen, so I'm just curious.

windebieste

windebieste

We all know that Scott decided that 'Prometheus' was his version of the movie he wanted released but he has been known to make amendments to both 'Blade Runner' and 'ALIEN' for successive mass market releases.  I'd say it's a good chance that a future release of 'Prometheus' will have some of those deleted scenes restored.

After all, with a new movie coming out in 2017, it's almost a certainty that 'Prometheus' will be re-released at the same time.  Possibly with such deleted content restored to make it attractive and maybe even released as 'ALIEN: Prometheus' to help identify it with 'ALIEN: Covenant'*. 

It would not surprise me if that marketing strategy gets adopted.

-Windebieste.

*or whatever it is Scott is calling it this month... lol.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 19, 2015, 10:35:40 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2015, 10:32:22 AMCan't say I found them very interesting.

I do confess to really liking the scene where Idris Elba tells Charlize Theron that story about when he was in the military. It actually would've helped to explain why he suddenly decides to kamikaze the ship at the end of the film, and was just a well-acted scene. Disappointed it got cut.

There's also a couple I've never seen, so I'm just curious.
Just watched it myself. Pretty neat. Love the shout out to our website and fandom. Loved most of the deleted scenes.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 19, 2015, 08:54:15 PMI'd say it's a good chance that a future release of 'Prometheus' will have some of those deleted scenes restored.

I wouldn't be surprised by this either, and I honestly think the film could benefit from it. I know Scott's already declined to create an alternate cut back when the film hit home video but as you say, he's done it with several of his movies in the past.

Plus, you have to assume there are more deleted scenes than what we've been shown on the Blu-ray, because wasn't there meant to be a ton of extra footage that didn't make the film?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 20, 2015, 08:46:07 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Nov 19, 2015, 08:54:15 PMI'd say it's a good chance that a future release of 'Prometheus' will have some of those deleted scenes restored.

I wouldn't be surprised by this either, and I honestly think the film could benefit from it. I know Scott's already declined to create an alternate cut back when the film hit home video but as you say, he's done it with several of his movies in the past.

Plus, you have to assume there are more deleted scenes than what we've been shown on the Blu-ray, because wasn't there meant to be a ton of extra footage that didn't make the film?

Are the Subtitled Enginner scenes on the Blu-ray?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2015, 07:25:02 PM

Subtitled? Well there's the scene where the Engineer speaks to David and he reveals what is said, but not subtitled...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 20, 2015, 10:21:48 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2015, 07:25:02 PM

Subtitled? Well there's the scene where the Engineer speaks to David and he reveals what is said, but not subtitled...

Ah right that's cool. I swear I saw a version on youtube, where the Engineer is subtitled. But least we do know what is meant to be said

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 21, 2015, 02:18:37 PMAh right that's cool. I swear I saw a version on youtube, where the Engineer is subtitled. But least we do know what is meant to be said

Pretty sure that's unofficial.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2015, 08:48:48 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 21, 2015, 02:18:37 PMAh right that's cool. I swear I saw a version on youtube, where the Engineer is subtitled. But least we do know what is meant to be said

Pretty sure that's unofficial.

That's fair enough. Someone probably did it based on what David said it said

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting it's wrong, I just don't think it's come from Fox officially. Could well be wrong.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Added to my collection for the first time in a long time by picking up The Art of Alien: Isolation. I stumbled across the digital sampler on my PC - I must have downloaded it back when it was available from their site last Christmas - and was impressed enough to go for the whole book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed