# 5 on CHUD's Worst of 2007 list.

Started by StealthHunter, Dec 27, 2007, 10:34:46 PM

Author
# 5 on CHUD's Worst of 2007 list. (Read 4,149 times)

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13030

Quote5. AVP-R

Why it's here: Because even though these franchises have eroded from lofty places to severely low levels, somehow this movie still managed to drive hot wedges of sharpened beef bone into my most gentle areas.

See this Film Instead: xXx-R.

How to Make it Work: Go for the B-Movie audience and treat this like Godzilla vs. Gamera or don't bother making a movie unless it's something that people are going to remember for the right reasons. People don't care about humans. They want a cool showcase for these amazing creatures. Something visceral. The only thing keeping these guys off the direct-to-video circuit is their still worthy names and reputations. It certainly ain't the past three films. Raw. Cool. And not about people. That's the meat of this. You can't do what Ridley Scott or James Cameron did. You just can't. Instead, find something interesting and new to do.

Comments: I cannot believe how much I do not like this product. I'll peek at Alien: Resurrection from time to time and find stuff to enjoy about the first AvP film, huge missed opportunity that it was. I will never watch this again. It was a dirty bomb of dumb aimed at the center of my psyche and I shant allow it to detonate on my crisp drawers again.

A much deserved win for AvP-R.

KidPresentable

I agree this was one of the worst movies of the year, but I still can't stand the fact that people just want to see these two creatures fight, and not have a quality scifi film like the originals....

EDIT: I'm surprised 30 Days Of Night is on there. One of my favorite movies of the year, as well as one of my favorite comic book movies.

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Chud also said "30 Days of Night", "Vacancy", "Hairspray", "Shoot 'Em Up", and "Live Free or Die Hard" were bad. Yea, their opinion really matters. I hope they didn't hurt the chances of AVP3!

It looks more like they just listed all of the films of 07 and said they were all bad, to come off as being actual film critics. And why the hell isn't Spider-Man 3 on that list! That right there takes away all of their credibility.

"dirty bomb of dumb". haha, that doesn't sound like something an 8 year old would write.

StealthHunter

Quote from: KidPresentable on Dec 27, 2007, 10:45:07 PM
I agree this was one of the worst movies of the year, but I still can't stand the fact that people just want to see these two creatures fight, and not have a quality scifi film like the originals....

EDIT: I'm surprised 30 Days Of Night is on there. One of my favorite movies of the year, as well as one of my favorite comic book movies.

Yeah I also really liked 30 Days of Night as well as Live Free or Die Hard. They sure as hell don't deserve spots on any Worst Of lists in my view.

Corporal Hicks

I foresee a razzie.

echobbase79

That list is a crock of shit. What balls to put '30 Days of Night' on there.

Ja

Ja

Quote from: StealthHunter on Dec 27, 2007, 10:34:46 PM
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13030

Quote5. AVP-R

Why it's here: Because even though these franchises have eroded from lofty places to severely low levels, somehow this movie still managed to drive hot wedges of sharpened beef bone into my most gentle areas.

See this Film Instead: xXx-R.

How to Make it Work: Go for the B-Movie audience and treat this like Godzilla vs. Gamera or don't bother making a movie unless it's something that people are going to remember for the right reasons. People don't care about humans. They want a cool showcase for these amazing creatures. Something visceral. The only thing keeping these guys off the direct-to-video circuit is their still worthy names and reputations. It certainly ain't the past three films. Raw. Cool. And not about people. That's the meat of this. You can't do what Ridley Scott or James Cameron did. You just can't. Instead, find something interesting and new to do.

Comments: I cannot believe how much I do not like this product. I'll peek at Alien: Resurrection from time to time and find stuff to enjoy about the first AvP film, huge missed opportunity that it was. I will never watch this again. It was a dirty bomb of dumb aimed at the center of my psyche and I shant allow it to detonate on my crisp drawers again.

A much deserved win for AvP-R.

Agree. It's definitely one of the worst movies of 2007.

The Chibi Kiriyama

This has been a really bad year for sequels...

Bronx19

Bronx19

It could even move up a place or two.

Alan Dutch Schaefer

wat did u expect for a low budget movie??

KidPresentable

Quote from: Predator_Wolf on Dec 28, 2007, 02:02:54 AM

Low budget means shit story and dialog?

Go watch a John Carpenter film...

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: KidPresentable on Dec 28, 2007, 02:03:58 AM
Quote from: Predator_Wolf on Dec 28, 2007, 02:02:54 AM

Low budget means shit story and dialog?

Go watch a John Carpenter film...

haha im a fan of John Carpenter its all about The Thing and Escape From New York

Saberfox

Saberfox

The Thing is a classic. Love that movie.

gameoverman

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 28, 2007, 01:03:54 AM

It's been a bad year for horror and scifi all around.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 28, 2007, 02:16:41 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 28, 2007, 01:03:54 AM

It's been a bad year for horror and scifi all around.
Can't forget the masterpieces known as Hitman, Epic Movie and Ghost Rider  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed