User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR

Author Topic: Poll: AvP vs AvPR  (Read 367794 times)

SM
Jul 29, 2017, 02:44:31 AM
Reply #4575 on: Jul 29, 2017, 02:44:31 AM
Q
Only if they can pull it off.

P-Rock
Aug 25, 2017, 11:52:42 AM
Reply #4576 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:52:42 AM
Q
AVP has a lot of flaws, but it's a perfectly entertaining popcorn flick and at least Anderson knows how to shoot an action scene. The Strause brothers are two fanboys who just wanted to put in as many references to the Alien and Predator movies and stomach churning moments as possible, without caring about good acting, a decent story or even if we can see the damn movie. Also, Chet looks ridiculous. AVP has Lance Henriksen and a Queen.

Cellien
Aug 28, 2017, 11:22:14 PM
Reply #4577 on: Aug 28, 2017, 11:22:14 PM
Q
Wow.  I watched AvP-R the first time since it hit Blu-Ray. 

What an absolute piece of trash this film is.  We have all these characters we follow, all with extremely dull development; none of which show any reason why we should be following them.  They could have quite literally picked any person at random in the town and it would have made zero difference. 

Everything xeno related, including the PredAlien, looks like a rubbery/foam creature from Power Rangers with lots of Vaseline applied to show up in the god awful dark color grading that makes any and everything hard to see.  I have watched this on different HDTVs and projectors, and it's a showcase of how not to grade a movie; with blacks that get so crushed there is no discernible difference between the background and dark area on the creature.

The "build up" to the nuke felt like someone was trying to tell a joke, forgot all the lines, but delivers the punch line anyways. 

AvP is, by orders of magnitude, a much better, yet still flawed, film.

Scorpio
Nov 24, 2017, 01:54:06 AM
Reply #4578 on: Nov 24, 2017, 01:54:06 AM
Q
I have a bit of nostalgia for AVPR.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed