Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,261 times)

kirscheim

kirscheim

i would probably like avpr more than i do if i could actually see anything...

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

They both sucked.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I still remember when AvPR had the most votes in this poll

then tides changed and if you go down some fifty or so pages (or more) there should be that party posting for when AvP finally got the lead

Hudson

Hudson

I watched them both today and changed my vote to AvP.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lately I've been revisiting older films I haven't seen their release. I guess I should be fair and give AvP a spin though I doubt my opinion will change much.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2017, 02:17:43 PM
Lately I've been revisiting older films I haven't seen their release. I guess I should be fair and give AvP a spin though I doubt my opinion will change much.

Well at least its better than Requiem and you can see what is going on. AVP makes for a good popcorn/drinking movie so its not the worst thing to watch.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Just rewatched both tonight. Yeah, it's no question, AVP is far superior. It feels like a true Alien movie. AVPR is nothing but a slasher flick & a really bad one at that.

SM

SM

I had AvP on in the background yesterday and glanced at it occasionally.  It suffers from a the same problem as most Anderson films - his sets look like sets.  The temple for all it's grandeur beyond anything AvP:R still doesn't look as real as anything in the other Alien flicks.

That said, there are some quite striking visuals - the red lit scenes in the whaling base at the start, particularly the before Miller opens the door to one of the huts and you get that homage to the laser scanner from Aliens.  The shot of the Predator ship flying over Quinn with the wind sound cutting out for a second is a great shot too.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I think AVPR has it's moments too. The bit where Wolf eye-flashes Ray before slicing him up could be something straight out of P1 or P2. Nothing in AVP comes close to anything like that.

SM

SM

Pity Wolf slicing Ray up was utterly pointless.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Indeed, though not as pointless as skinning him and leaving him on show.

SM

SM

Killing him I kinda get.  Leaving him hanging around skinned, not so much.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

There are small isolated moments in AVPR that are worthwhile. They almost all involve the Predator & last for maybe 5-10 secs. I thought the temple in AVP looked fantastic. No, it doesn't look like anything from the previous Alien movies, but it's a difference environment & aesthetic.

SM

SM

Different certainly.  It's just not completely convincing.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

The sense of scale never came across to me. The pyramid was supposed to be massive but felt small.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed