Bill Murray as Dr. Wren

Started by Newsfop, Mar 28, 2007, 07:34:17 PM

Author
Bill Murray as Dr. Wren (Read 4,341 times)

SM

SM

Is 10 years a record for resurrecting threads?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Gosh I hope so. And it's only fitting, given the film.

But seriously, this movie had a trove of interesting cast members. Bill Murray, William H. Macy, Yun-Fat Chow, MAYBE Angelina Jolie if the internet is telling the truth...?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Angelina Jolie was not a big name in 1996 (when the movie began production).

Jeunet likes character actors.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I can totally see Bill Murray play this dried up, careless, indifferent and lethargic scientist who follows regulations and procedures veeery loosely as he has made it his career to put in as little effort as possible without getting caught, usually taking credit for other people's work. It has worked out up until the Xenomorph steps into the picture.

Bill Murray playing the already silly character of Dr. Wren we know from A:R would've just added to the slapstick and would've gotten way too campy, especially with Sigorney in there.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

He's an excellent dramatic actor and would have undoubtedly given the role an added boost of malevolant subtlety. Think he might have even played it like Holm's Ash, personality-wise.

But I doubt he would have been happy or proud of it.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Like Ash... you're probably right! Hadn't thought of that. Oh, I can dream...

SM

SM

Not sure putting Dana and Venkman back together would've worked.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

My God, if him and Chow-Yun fat were actually in the film...also, necro-ing the 10-year old thread made me a bit uneasy but I don't mind it in the end :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They should have written a scene where Wren gets a visit by the EPA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed