Gearbox Software has released a new hot fix for Aliens: Colonial Marines today on PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3. This temporary fix adjusts some of the variables of the game in order to address some of the balance issues present in single player and multiplayer. Read on to find out more:
“A hot fix is automatically applied at the “Press Start” screen when Aliens: Colonial Marines is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent — they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Aliens: Colonial Marines.
To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Aliens: Colonial Marines boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.” You can find the full changelog below:
– Adjusted “Recruit” difficulty to be easier.
– Reduced Xeno Bludgeon skill stun duration from 1 second to .75 seconds
– Xeno Heavy Chitin armor bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
– Xenos are now more vulnerable to damage during ‘Rage’
– Xeno Rupture trait damage reduced
– Lowered the horizontal and vertical reach of Xeno Rupture
– Increased Xeno Enraged Pounce attack cool down from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds
– Reduced marine claymore damage